In honor of tonight’s draft and the release of Avengers Endgame being the culmination of the Infinity Saga for Marvel, I am giving you my top 22 prospects (there have been 22 MCU movies released). Here is the hope that the Jets land a few of these guys, because the NFL is riddled with dumb GMs.
I will, also, return to this an add in my position rankings and best available, as well as thoughts as to where these guys were picked during the weekend.
Enjoy Endgame AND the Draft friends!
1. Ohio State DE Nick Bosa: At the beginning of the last college football season, I wrote in my notes: “Nick Bosa > his brother”, and i’ll stick to that here. Whereas Joey Bosa is more effort than skill (not a knock, I think he gives 100% on every play), Nick Bosa is an extremely talented pass rusher who is improving every year. Adding him, as a 3-4 OLB opposite former Buckeye Jordan Jenkins is probably the most logical move, as he comes into tonight’s draft as my number one player.
2. Houston DT Ed Oliver
3. Kentucky OLB Josh Allen: Allen reminds me alot of a player that was created in a lab specifically because he can do alot of things really well. As a pure pass rusher, he’d settle in right behind Burns and Polite because he can still improve as a pass rusher. That’s not a knock: it’s actually incredibly scary. His coverage skills are the best for any front seven defender in my opinion, and you put those two together, and he is the number 3 player in my top 300.4. Florida State EDGE Brian Burns
5. LSU CB Greedy Williams: With only Darryl Roberts and Brian Poole behind current free agent bust Trumaine Johnson, the Jets could target both Johnson’s running mate and eventual replacement by trading back and selecting the newest star from DBU. At 6’2”, he is a bigger cornerback and he followed up a spectacular freshman season with a tremendous sophomore season. He really should be the top CB taken.
6. Mississipi State DT Jeffrey Simmons
7. Alabama DT Quinnen WIlliams8. LSU LB Devin White
9. Iowa TE Noah Fant
10. Alabama OL Jonah Williams: had Williams behind Greg Little and Trey Adams before the season, but WIlliams continued his development and was consistently good while Little and Adams definitely struggled. Really believe he is a future All-Pro at all 5 OL positions.
11. Clemson EDGE Clelin Ferrell
12. Ole Miss WR DK Metcalf
13. NC State Center Garrett Bradbury
14. Clemson DL Dexter Lawrence
15. Ole Miss WR AJ Brown
16. Clemson DE Christian Wilkins: The Jets should not be in the market for a DE in this draft, considering they paid Henry Anderson like a top 10 DE and still have former first round pick Leonard Williams. Wilkins could have been a target to replace Anderson if the team traded down. As it stands, the third best monster on the Clemson DL will immediately help a probable playoff team.
17. Florida OT Jawaan Taylor
18. Maryland S Darnell Savage
19. Michigan LB Devin Bush
20. Iowa TE TJ Hockensen: while not the receiver his Iowa teammate Fant is, he has a high ceiling as a pass catcher and is currently the better blocker. Hockensen, or Fant, ending up in New England is one of my draft fears by far.
21. Ole Miss OT Greg Little: Kelvin Beachum’s contract expires after this year, and the Jets will need a LT to protect their franchise QB. EI had Little as the best LT in college football entering last college season and, while he had an inconsistent season, he still has the potential to be one of the better ones in the NFL. Reminds me of D’BRickashaw Ferguson.
22. Georgia WR Mecole Hardman