Every Wednesday or Thursday during the NFL season, Joe Caporoso will break down the upcoming week of NFL action. Unfasten the belts and prepare to gorge on another weekend of fandom, fantasy, gambling, tweeting, cheering, complaining…and complaining.
The Buffet is brought to you by Razer Sport (www.RazerSport.com) – The world’s most respected sports betting consultants and handicappers, who are producing winners every single week. Visit Razer Sport to sign up for FREE and start winning like a RAZER member. Give them a follow on Twitter right here as well!
Divisional Weekend Picks
Atlanta (-3) vs. Philadelphia
I already have angry Eagles fans ready to pounce in my mentions but with how Atlanta’s defense played last week, I’m not betting on Nick Foles. The Falcons should be able to run the ball enough to open things up for a few big plays to Julio Jones and if they hit 20 points, that may be enough to get a road victory and cover.New England (-13) vs. Tennessee
I suppose you could talk yourself into Derrick Henry and Marcus Mariota executing a kill the clock strategy on offense and the Titans front beating up Tom Brady to keep this one close. I’m going to be to bet on Bill Belichick at home against Mike Mularkey.
Pittsburgh (-7.5) vs. Jacksonville
The Jaguars did kill Pittsburgh earlier this season but the playoffs are a different beast and unless Leonard Fournette has the game of his life, I can’t fathom Jacksonville doing enough offensively to win this game. I think this could be an ugly one but ultimately the Steelers should be able to do enough offensively to win and cover, maybe something like 20-10?New Orleans (+4) vs. Minnesota
New Orleans is the most complete team in the NFC still standing. Their running game is unlikely to disappear two games in a row and if it does, Drew Brees will be able to pick up the slack. This should be a field goal game either way.
- QB – Tom Brady
- RB – Le’Veon Bell
- RB – Jerick McKinnon
- WR – Michael Thomas
- WR – Adam Thielen
- WR – Rishard Matthews
- TE – Josh Hill
- K – Will Lutz
- D – Atlanta Falcons
Overrated Snack Of The Week
Back on pizza for the second week in a row. This can go for pizza rolls, pizza bagels or any assorted pizza snack. If you want to eat pizza. Eat pizza. Order it. Make it. Cut either into small slices if you want it to feel like a snack instead of just whoofing down full slices (not that there is anything wrong with that). Pizza doesn’t need to be rolled or placed on a microwaved bagel.
Random NFL GIF
“How To Quit” by Darrelle Revis
- Antonio Brown will have less than 75 yards receiving.
- New England will score the most points out of any team this weekend.
- Atlanta/Philadelphia will not hit the over.
- Blake Bortles will not exceed 150 yards passing for the second week in a row.
- Chris Hogan will score a touchdown.
- Julio Jones is going to have a monster game.
- Both Leonard Fournette and Jay Ajayi will have over 20 carries.
NFL/GM Coach Reminders
- Never run the ball with Alex Smith on 3rd down (Andy Reid!)
- Never take play calling back over midway through the game (Andy Reid!)
- Never ignore the league’s leading rusher for a whole half (Andy Reid!)
- Never destroy the betting public’s faith in life itself (Andy Reid!)
Photo Credit: NFL.com