The New York Jets are still very much alive in the AFC Wild Card Race but they will need help. Unfortunately, they do not control their own destiny. So, how they can make their first playoff trip since 2010? Here is your week 16 rooting guide…
- New England 12-2
- Cincinnati 11-3
- Denver 10-4
- Houston 7-7
- Kansas City 9-5
- Pittsburgh 9-5
- New York 9-5
- Indianapolis 6-8
Three Teams Matter: Denver. Pittsburgh. Kansas City.11 Is The Number: There are scenarios the Jets could get in at 10-6 but it is highly unlikely. The reality is they need to win their last two games to have a good chance of making the playoffs.
The Basics: The Jets need to win their last two and have either Denver, Pittsburgh or Kansas City lose one of their last two games…so basically win out and have one of six games break their way.
The Games: Here is one man’s ranking of the six games most likely to break the Jets way and get them in the playoffs (assuming they win their last two)
- Cincinnati at Denver, Week 16: AJ McCarron on the road vs. Denver is not encouraging BUT the Bengals are 11-3 and Brock Osweiler hasn’t proven to be anything but average yet.
- Oakland at Kansas City, Week 17: A feisty, young Oakland team looking to ruin a division rival’s season? Not crazy to think it will be hard for the Chiefs to end the season with ten straight wins.
- Pittsburgh at Cleveland, Week 17: “And THIS is what Cleveland fans expected when the Browns drafted Johnny Football” – Hey, we can dream right?
- San Diego at Denver, Week 17: Philip Rivers going all PHILIP RIVERS?
- Cleveland at Kansas City, Week 16: “We haven’t seen MANZIEL play like this since he was dubbed JOHNNY FOOTBALL!”
- Pittsburgh at Baltimore, Week 16: The walking IR trying to cover those receivers doesn’t seem promising…
–Photo Credit: NewYorkJets.com