Joe Malfa is back with a New York Jets link dump for July 21st, 2015. If you are an international follower of the site, we are opening up t-shirt sales for shipping outside of the U.S. for today and tomorrow. Grab a shirt here!
– Joe Caporoso ponders the question that is currently weighing on most of our minds — are the Jets going to be any good?– Muhammad Wilkerson, Damon Harrison, and Sheldon Richardson were poised to show why this defensive line trio is the best the league has to offer, but that showcase has been put on hold until week six due to Richardson’s 4-game suspension for marijuana use. It will be a baptism by fire for Leonard Williams, as this year’s 6th overall pick will start week one in Richardson’s absence. According to Harrison, however, Williams is more than ready to fill Richardson’s shoes. (GGN)
– Harrison is not the only one who expects big things out of Williams — the ratings guys at EA sports have Williams ranked as the 3rd best rookie in Madden 16. (Yahoo)
– Harrison had a big couple of days in the media — he also addressed his role in Todd Bowles’ defense and why he believes his sack total will rise in 2015. (NJ)– Here is your annual Rich Cimini QB preview in which he tries to stir the pot on a possible QB competition. I didn’t really want to attach this link at first, but then I thought about it and came to the conclusion that it would be wrong to break a this July tradition. (ESPN)
– Brandon Marshall brings a lot to the Jets — experience, leadership, and a much needed legitimate threat on the outside. The 31 year old may only have a few good seasons left, but he plans on keeping that experience, leadership, and talent with Gang Green for the rest of his career. (Yahoo)
– While there are many who are bullish on the Jets this season and believe they can compete for a spot in the playoffs, Sports Quotient is bearish and has them finishing last in the division — scroll down to the Jets segment of the article (at the bottom) to see their explanation. (SQ)