12 quick predictions for the New York Jets Monday night game against the Miami Dolphins. A big congratulations to Wayne Chrebet for his induction into the Ring of Honor. Well deserved for #80…
1. Geno Smith will be better than Mike Vick last week: SETTING THE BAR LOW!2. Chris Ivory will have at least 15 carries. If I type this enough it will eventually come true, right?
3. IK (he only gets one name, like Bono or Sting), Trevor Reilly and Calvin Pryor will all play over 25 snaps tonight. IK will record a sack.
4. Quinton Coples will play well at defensive end.
5. Jarvis Landry will have at least 5 receptions for 70 yards. We will be subjected to 10,000 tweets about the Jets drafting him, even though they drafted a productive pass catcher in the second round and have no idea how to use him. I’d assume if the Jets drafted Landry, they’d play him 20% of the offensive snaps and never target him.6. Cameron Wake will have 1.5 sacks tonight.
7. Ryan Tannehill will throw for 250 yards and two touchdowns.
8. Percy Harvin will return a kick for a touchdown. BOLD!
9. The Jets will use at least two of their six timeouts in the first or third quarter.10. Nick Folk will make two field goals and remain the only positive thing Jets fans can agree on.
11. The Jets will run a Wildcat play…probably more than once.
12. Miami will win and cover, 27-17.
12 Pack Record
W/L and Against The Spread (5-6)