Your New York Jets link dump for week 9 from Joe Malfa…
– Here’s what to watch for in today’s Jets-Chiefs matchup. (ESPN)– Matt Simms was signed to the active roster from the practice squad yesterday. One would think he was signed for insurance purposes, but could it be that in the event of injury to Vick, the ball would be turned to Simms and not Geno? With his recent ineffectiveness, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is the case. (ESPN)
– Last week, I was a bit optimistic that Geno could turn things around with Harvin added to his repertoire, but going 2 for 8 with 3 INTs shattered that optimism. He’s not the long term answer at QB…neither is Vick…neither is Simms. Fortunately for the Jets, they will have a very high draft pick that may be used to address the QB issue. (NYDN)
– One of the best if not the best QB in the draft is Marcus Mariota. It seems as if the Jets will have a shot at him as long as they pick somewhere in the top 5, and he may be exactly what the franchise needs. (HNGN)
– On the radio this past week, I’ve heard many people call in and try to come up with a reason as to why Geno Smith has had such a lack of success. Here are three things that may have factored into the mess. (USA)– Eric Decker and his wife, Jessie, were involved in a bit of Twitter drama this week with Eric’s haters.
– When John Idzik took over as GM of the Jets, there was a lot of talk about the “Seahawks blueprint.” Today, the Jets will face a team in Kansas City that was in a similar position a couple of years ago. Maybe the Jets need to follow the “Chiefs blueprint” instead of the “Seahawks blueprint.”