Welcome to our first Turn On The Jets 12 Pack of the 2014 NFL regular season, sponsored by NimbleTV! Sign up and don’t miss any New York Jets action this year, no matter where you are traveling. On to the predictions for Sunday, preceded by our quick yearly overview of what we do here…
Turn On The Jets is an independently owned site with no affiliation to any larger network or company. We do use Yardbarker for ad placements but they have no control or ownership over any part of the site. The site is officially incorporated under Turn On The Media LLC, which also owns Turn On The Knicks. We have no affiliation, connection or credentials from the team, although we have worked with them for various programming opportunities and interviews this offseason. We have no personal relationships with any players on the team and do not advocate for any player over another based on any relationships. Occasionally we will come across an opportunity to break news but for the most part we will try to avoid that aspect of covering the team, as that is not a primary goal of the site.All of our staff is admitted Jets fans, however we try to offer an objective view of the team while providing insight into Xs and Os, game film and a discussion of why things are occurring on the field and why personnel decisions are made off the field, mixed in with our opinions. We are aware our site is frequently called too “Pro-Idzik” but there was a time we were called too “Pro-Tannenbaum,” and then too “Anti-Tannenbaum,” same with being pro/anti Rex, Sanchez and other prominent figures around the Jets in recent years…such is part of covering the team.
We also try to avoid on tabloid-esque headlines or getting caught up in things that aren’t relevant to football. We have criticized parts of the Jets beat/media before but have an amicable working relationship with most of them and fully understand they have a completely different job than us and are writing to a different audience. We don’t have an editor to answer to, we don’t have to sell papers and we aren’t trying to appeal to general sports fans in the NYC area…just Jets fans and hopefully a few general NFL fans along the way.
With that being said, let’s get to it…
1. Geno Smith will finish with 225 total yards of offense, two touchdowns and most importantly zero turnovers. He will only be sacked once and complete 60-65% of his passes.2. Chris Johnson will have 100 total yards of offense in his Jets debut and a touchdown.
3. Derek Carr will throw for over 200 yards but also have two turnovers and be sacked at least three times, including once by Jason Babin and Muhammad WIlkerson.
4. Calvin Pryor will be involved with a turnover.
5. Jace Amaro will catch 3 passes for 47 yards and a touchdown.6. The Raiders will have less than 70 total yards rushing.
7. Eric Decker will have 4 receptions for 65 yards.
8. James Jones will haul in at least one catch for over 35 yards, as the Jets secondary will sacrifice one or two long balls.
9. Willie Colon and Breno Giacomini will combine for at least two penalties.
10. Chris Ivory will have at least 65 yards rushing, Bilal Powell will have 35 total yards of offense.
11. Nick Folk will go 2/2 on his field goal attempts, both will be longer than 40 yards.
12. The Jets will both win and cover the 6 point spread, with a 27-14 victory. They will be in control for most of the way and have a comfortable lead throughout the second half.
Make sure to check out our video preview of Jets/Raiders down below and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel! We will have these every Friday going forward, leave your prediction down below… (Hat tip to Kevin Bauer for another great production job!)
Notes for anybody attending the game on Sunday…