Your New York Jets links for August 12th from our Max Marcilla…
– The Jets weakest position got even weaker after two of the Jets top four corners were injured Sunday in practice. (CBS)– Don’t worry Jets fans, Rex Ryan is not panicking! Surprise, surprise… (ESPN)
– To replace the injured cornerbacks, Ryan & co. sent out safety Antonio Allen to play the cornerback position, where he actually had a great practice. (GGN)
– The wildcat formation is slandered by many football analyzers because it gets the starting quarterback out of the flow of the game. Well that and many other reasons. However, Geno Smith thinks the Jets should look into using Mike Vick in the wildcat.
– Here’s another column praising the best leader in camp, Demario Davis, and talking about how he becomes a leader through his faith. (CBS)– Because of the injuries, it’s been a tough week for the Jets. Rex Ryan always knows how to lighten the mood with middle school gym class games. (NYP)
– Speaking of Rex Ryan lighting the mood… (NYDN)
– Back to on-the-field stuff now. Calvin Pryor is ready to go for his first professional game in Week 2 of the preseason. (ESPN)
Don’t miss the pod…