A part of any balanced breakfast – Your New York Jets links, YouTube clip and GIF of the Day…Positional preview for OLB and pre-training camp Power Rankings on the way today as well.
– Not many people expected the Jets to use all of their draft picks back in May (Manish Mehta said he’d hitchhike home if they kept all picks), but they did and they drafted three WRs with those picks. The first WR they selected was Jalen Saunders of Oklahoma. (OJAAT)– Here is an in-depth look at the rest of the Jets receivers. The article has 6th round pick Quincy Enunwa being cut, but he’s a guy to watch in my opinion. He’s a big target (6’2″ 225 lbs.) with a lot of talent, but he’s very raw. This may be a very bold prediction, but I expect him to make the team and haul in 4 or 5 TDs — he can be deadly in the red zone. (B/R)
– There are a lot of players capable of making the 53-man roster — the competition level in this year’s camp may be at an all-time high. Here are a few names you may not recognize that may end up on the final roster. (OJAAT)
– As we have seen over the past couple of years, social media can get players in trouble. Calvin Pryor has been rather Chad Ochocinco-esque on Twitter lately, and he has finally toned it down a bit. A trash talking, hard hitting Safety, that’s very active on Twitter — maybe the Jets have found Donte Whitner 2.0. (JT)
– Rich Cimini is giving a daily positional breakdown as we draw nearer to camp. Here is his take on a very crowded backfield. (ESPN)– Hopefully no one got their hopes up too much on a possible trade for Andre Johnson, because it seems as if there’s a 0% chance of such a trade happening. (GGN)
– There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about the Jets heading into this season: a top defense, a three-headed monster at RB, major upgrades to the receiving corps, and an improved Geno Smith (we hope) with Vick behind him just in case. Donovan McNabb believes the playoffs are a real possibility for Gang Green this season. (NYJ)
Dex…to the houseJace eating in the slot