We just about made it! The NFL Draft is a few short days away. It is a more exciting year than usual for the New York Jets who are stocked up with 12 picks. We hope to see as many of you as possible at our Draft Party/Live Podcast/NYC Sports Bar Super Casual Hang. Let’s hop right into the GUN HILL BREWERY 12 PACK
1. Eric Ebron and Darqueze Dennard would be the best match of value, talent and need for the New York Jets with the 18th overall pick. However, it seems highly unlikely that either is going to be available, particularly Ebron. Trading up doesn’t seem likely but it will be interesting to see if the Jets covet a particular player enough to make an aggressive move like that. Reportedly, they loved Tavon Austin last year and watched the St. Louis Rams leapfrog them via trade to land him one pick before they selected. Could that make the Jets have a quicker, more aggressive trigger finger in the first round this year?2. Bill Barnwell discussed a scenario that had the Jets moving up to 5 to target Mike Evans. It would seem somewhat illogical to trade up for a receiver with how deep this year’s class is. It really depends how big of a drop off you believe there is from Evans to Odell Beckham Jr, Brandin Cooks and Marqise Lee. Personally, I don’t think it is that substantial and I don’t think the Jets will that aggressively pursue a wide receiver in the top 10.
3. Despite a few different rumors floating around, I think it would be nothing short of stunning if the Jets added a quarterback in the first or second round.
4. I try to avoid reading too much into press conference quotes but it sure doesn’t sound like Mike Goodson is going to be a factor for the Jets this season.
5. Interested to see if the Jets would consider Kyle Fuller with the 18th pick, depending on how the board breaks in front of them.6. It is worth keeping an eye on any developments in this story, as the Jets begin work on an eventual monster contract for Muhammad Wilkerson.
7. I think Joe Klecko overstated his criticism of Quinton Coples, who he said “looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane.” I’m not sure I see a player who lacks effort or physicality. I see more of a guy who struggled to stay healthy last season and still is adjusting his game to fit all the different ways Rex Ryan uses him on defense.
8. Random Draft Prediction #1 – Jace Amaro and Odell Beckham Jr will go higher than most people anticipate.
9. Random Draft Prediction #2 – A team is going to trade in the top 12 to draft Johnny Manziel, if the Browns don’t select him with the 4th overall pick.10. Random Draft Prediction #3 – The Houston Texans are going to take Jadeveon Clowney with the first overall pick,
12. If you haven’t yet, check out our NFL DRAFT BUZZWORD TRANSLATOR! Featured today in Hot Clicks!