Sanchez! Lindley! The NFL on FOX, Next! The Turn On The Jets 12 pack is here with predictions for the battle of 4-7 offensive juggernauts that will take place at MetLife Stadium this weekend. It will certainly be interesting to see what starters the team decides to call out, since they have had to resort to calling out the special teams and first responders to Hurricane Sandy in recent weeks. The New York Jets are probably the only team in football who has to consistently tell their starting quarterback and his offense…sorry, we aren’t comfortable sending you out through that tunnel on a name by name basis.
And who can blame them? We all know it would be boo-city. Beyond that the Jets insist on spouting out irrelevant tidbits about their starters before they run out through the tunnel…like saying “Pro-Bowler…Bart Scott!” when he was in the Pro-Bowl in 2006. Or “1st round pick…Bryan Thomas!” when he was a first round pick in 2002. Can you imagine the offensive starters? (Picture these with “I’m Not Afraid” by Eminem playing the background, which the Jets insist on continuing to play)“At quarterback…completing over 50% of his passes…once bedded supermodel Kate Upton…MARK SANCHEZ!”
“At wide receiver…his friends call him Clyde…and he runs super fast in a straight line…EDMOND GATES!”
“At running back…averaging 3.2 yards per carry…scored 2 touchdowns in 2009 playoffs…SHONN GREENE!”
“At right tackle…he isn’t Wayne Hunter…AUSTIN HOWARD!”–
On to the predictions…
1. The much-maligned New York Jets defense is going to have a big day against Ryan Lindley and the Arizona Cardinals slopfest offensive line, finishing with 4 sacks, 2 turnovers and holding them under 17 points.
2. Mark Sanchez is going to struggle against the Arizona defense. The Jets will roll with a very conservative gameplan. Sanchez will throw for less than 200 yards and have at least one turnover.3. Bilal Powell will have at least 12 touches on offense and Joe McKnight will also have at least 5 touches. Shonn Greene will have 17 carries for 80 yards with a touchdown.
4. Dustin Keller will be the Jets leading receiver.
5. Stephen Hill will have a quietly productive 4 catch, 45 yard game with 0 drops.
6. Larry Fitzgerald will have less than 50 yards receiving. Antonio Cromartie will also have an interception when Lindley tries to force the ball to Fitzgerland.
7. Andre Roberts will have a big day working against Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankster, finishing with at least 70 yards receiving.
8. Greg McElroy (who will be active as the 2nd quarterback) will not see the field and will not start a game this year.
9. Kyle Wilson is going to fumble a punt.
10. Joe McKnight will return a kick out past the 50 yard line.
11. Jordan White will have his first NFL reception.
12. The Jets will win an ugly, low-scoring 16-10 game…moving to 5-7 and inspiring no confidence in the process.
Predicated Game Outcome Record: 9-2