The Turn On The Jets 12 Pack is back with predictions for a game that is expected to a complete sh*t storm for the New York Jets. Seriously, can you remember a game where a higher percentage of people were 100 percent convinced the home team was going to lose by at least 3 touchdowns? Tickets are going for $15 tonight! It cost more money to watch me play Division 3 Football! (Well maybe not, but close). Anyway, on to the predictions…
1. Jeremy Kerley will lead the Jets in receptions and receiving yards. When discussing the team’s wide receivers, it is easy to lump everybody together as being awful. That simply isn’t in the case with Kerley who has made big plays whenever given the opportunity. The Jets need to give him as many touches as possible throughout the rest of the year, as both a receiver and runner.2. Tonight will be the end of Shonn Greene’s tenure as the Jets lead back. He will have another ineffective game and Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight (let’s hope they give him a chance) will do more with their carries.
3. Tim Tebow will see his most extensive playing time of the season tonight, receiving 7-10 carries and throwing 3-5 passes.
4. Mark Sanchez will do just enough to keep his starting job for one more week, throwing for 200 yards and protecting the football. He will also complete over 50% of his passes…a shame this feels like a bold prediction.
5. Quinton Coples will record his first career sack and play his most reps of the season.6. Matt Schaub will relentlessly pick on Kyle Wilson and Ellis Lankser, finishing with over 250 yards passing and a pair of touchdowns.
7. The Jets run defense will show better than it has in recent weeks but Arian Foster will still finish with over 90 yards rushing and a touchdown.
8. The Jets will attempt at least one special teams trick play.
9. MetLife Stadium will be 50% empty and 25% of the people in attendance will be Texans fans.10. LaRon Landry will force another turnover.
11. It will be a one possession game at halftime.
12. The Jets will show better than many expect but ultimately don’t have enough offense to win this game, losing 27-13. Mark Sanchez will start next week but Tebow will continue to see more and more playing time.