12 Predictions for Jets/49ers. A big thanks to Chris Gross for taking over as Editor-In-Chief while I am in Montreal on a business trip (Bachelor Party) until Sunday morning (of course taking the early flight back so I won’t miss the game). On to the predictions –
1. Bilal Powell will be the Jets leading rusher for the second week in a row, moving one step closer to taking over the starting job. He will also again average more yards per carry than Shonn Greene.2. Santonio Holmes will be productive for the second week in a row, finishing with 5 catches for 85 yards.
3. Aaron Maybin will not have a sack or a quarterback hit for the fourth straight week, leading to most of his reps being cut in the coming weeks and a potential promotion of Ricky Sapp from the practice squad.
4. Quinton Coples will see his most extensive work of the season with Marcus Dixon no longer on the roster.
5. Newly signed running back Jonathan Grimes will receive at least one touch on offense this week.6. Mario Manningham is going to have a big game in the slot for San Francisco, as their passing game will target and pick on Ellis Lankster.
7. Vernon Davis wil finish with at least 55 yards receiving and a touchdown.
8. Frank Gore will be the game’s leading rusher, finishing with just over 90 yards.
9. Mark Sanchez will have one interception but will also throw for over 250 yards and a touchdown.10. Tim Tebow won’t be a major factor in the game.
11. Chaz Schilens will play well opposite Santonio Holmes, making a case to split reps with Stephen Hill when he comes back from injury.
12. The Jets will be more competitive than most will pick them to be, however won’t have enough late against the 49ers and lose 23-13 in game that is closer than the score indicates.