Turn On The Jets is back in the prediction business with 12 for tonight’s Jets/Bengals pre-season game. Make sure to take advantage of our one day sale to celebrate the return of New York Jets football. All Turn On The Jets shirts are 25% off. It would be crime against your fandom to not take advantage of a deal like that. When you put this shirt on not only can you play the guitar…your bench will also increase 25 pounds
On to the predictions –
1. Mark Sanchez won’t turn the football over and will lead one scoring drive. He won’t have a high yards per completion but will have a high completion percentage. I expect many shorter, safe throws to Dustin Keller and Josh Baker, along with maybe one shot down the field to Stephen Hill or Chaz Schilens.
2. Bilal Powell is going to lead the Jets in touches and total yards at running back. Look for the Jets to get him out in space in the screen game and give him a decent amount of reps with the first unit. It is time to see if he can translate his practice field success to the game.3. Stephen Hill will have at least three receptions. Tony Sparano needs him up to speed immediately, so he will try to get him going early with a few quick hitch routes or smoke screens.
4. Demario Davis and Antonio Allen will be the most impressive rookies on the field tonight.
5. Tim Tebow will be Tim Tebow. He will run the ball well, make a few plays on third down but ultimately struggle throwing the football.
6. Aaron Maybin and/or Ricky Sapp are going to have 1.5-2.5 sacks between them.7. Jordan White is going to make a name for himself as a viable contender for reps in the slot tonight. Look for him to be frequently targeted on third downs.
8. I don’t anticipate Quinton Coples making much noise tonight.
9. Austin Howard will play well enough to keep the right tackle position “open for competition” a few more weeks.
10. Look for a big game from Kenrick Ellis and Muhammad Wilkerson upfront, particularly Ellis who will start for Sione Pouha.
11. Marvin Lewis will look confused on the sideline.
12. The Jets defense will force at least two turnovers.