Stay with us here all night as we guide you through the insanity of the NFL Draft. We will update each pick, along with provide running commentary on the night’s proceedings, endless rumors, and questionable decisions. Make sure you are also following Turn On The Jets on Twitter and Facebook, along with our staff writer Chris Gross on Twitter. Will Mike Tannenbaum continue his history of trading up? Will he finally trade down? Or can he stay put for once in his life?
16) New York Jets – Quinton Coples, DE15) Seattle Seahawks – Bruce Irvin, DE – What? What? What? A complete shocker and a complete, absolute reach. What are you thinking? The Jets better take Ingram.
14) St. Louis – Michael Brockers, DE – A nice piece to add for the Rams front seven. They have to be disappointed they missed out on Floyd. Another player I am happy is out of consideration for the Jets.
13) Arizona Cardinals – Michael Floyd, WR – Arizona saves the Jets from themselves by taking Floyd. Thank god for no wide receiver in the first round! It is looking like the Jets will have a good shot to leave with Ingram or Jones.
12) Philadelphia Eagles – Fletcher Cox, DT – The Eagles trade up and get terrific value with Cox here. Kansas City will regret the day they took Poe over Cox, who is going to be a stud and bring a dynamic playmaker to Philadelphia’s front seven.11) Kansas City Chiefs – Dontari Poe, DT – Boom or bust. Thrilled the Jets didn’t end up with him. Ingram, Floyd, Cox, Brockers, Jones and DeCastro all still on the board for the Jets.
10) Buffalo Bills – Stephon Gilmore, CB – Kind of a surprise here. Many people ranked Gilmore just as high as Claiborne in this draft. Buffalo is building quite a defense out there in upstate New York. He will provide some electricity to their back end.
9) Carolina Panthers – Luke Kuechly, LB – A much needed addition to their front seven. Kuechly is a three down linebacker who should be a star at this level. He is very good value at number nine.
8 – Miami Dolphins – Ryan Tannehill, QB – A new young quarterback in the AFC East. How many weeks until he starts this season? By the way, it will be Knicks vs. Heat in the first round…Sixers are tanking the place out right now. Also Rangers are up 2-1 heading into the 3rd.7) Tampa Bay – Mark Barron, S – Another target for the Jets disappears. Barron will be a nice addition to Greg Schiano’s defense. With St. Louis at #14…I can’t see them letting Floyd get past them so it does look like it will be an outside linebacker for the Jets.
6) Dallas Cowboys – Morris Claiborne, CB – Trade Mania! Wow. Dallas moves up 8 spots to get the draft’s top corner. By adding him and Brandon Carr Dallas has rebuilt their shabby secondary. Rob Ryan must be a happy guy. They must have been tired of being torced by Eli, no?
5) Jacksonville Jaguars – Justin Blackmon, WR – The Jaguars traded up to get the wide receiver they desperately needed. It leaves an interesting choice for St. Louis with the 6th pick. Claiborne? Cox? Somebody else?
4) Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil, OT – Plenty of speculation about them taking Claiborne but in the end they went with the big time tackle to protect Christian Ponder…can’t argue with it.
There is some chatter about the Jets moving up to 13, swapping picks with Arizona. If Barron is there he would be tempting, if not look towards Ingram or Jones.
3) Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson, RB – A good move for both Cleveland and Minnesota to swing this trade. Cleveland desperately needed a playmaker and Minnesota can still get their guy at 4, whether it is Kalil or Claiborne.
2) Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin III, QB – Vick. Griffin III. Eli. And Tony Romo missing wide open receivers in critical spots. The NFC East will be fun for awhile.
1) Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck, QB – Mel Kiper Jr. is in love. Chris Berman is past his prime. We will see Mr. Luck in week six at the New Meadowlands. It will be interesting to see what kind of weapons the Colts work to surround him with throughout the rest of the draft.
7:55 – Last pre-draft update: I don’t think the Jets will trade up but if they do Carolina is a logical partner at #9. Mike Tannenbaum and Carolina GM Martin Hurney worked together on the Jets trade up for Darrelle Revis and on the Kris Jenkins trade. The Jets could get antsy about landing their pass rusher, whether it is Melvin Ingram or Chandler Jones. We haven’t heard Mark Barron’s name at all associated with the Jets…a little odd?
7:30 – 30 minutes out and the most buzz for the Jets involves Chandler Jones, Melvin Ingram and Michael Floyd.
7:15 – First big splash of the night. Cleveland has moved up to #3, presumably to get Trent Richardson. Apparently they were panicked about Tampa Bay moving up to steal him and they didn’t want to miss out on him like they did on RG3. You can cross Richardson off the list for the Jets. Don’t be surprised if the Vikings look to move back again. Minnesota picked up an extra 4th, 5th, and 7th round pick…not a bad haul.
6:35 – Evan Silva of Rotoworld’s final mock draft now has the Jets taking David DeCastro instead of Melvin Ingram (as it did in his mock draft this morning)…Todd McShay, Mel Kiper Jr and Mike Mayock all have the Jets taking Michael Floyd. I won’t bail on my Ingram pick now but I am starting to sweat about being right for the third year in a row. You can’t call 2 years in a row a streak, right?
By the way, how nervous are Rangers fans right now? You can’t lose a game 7 in your building. I am confident the Blueshirts will take care of business tonight. Personally, I am more concerned about the Knicks somehow losing to Charlotte while Philadelphia beats Detroit so we could get the Bulls in round one instead of the Heat.
5:45 PM – Sal Paolantonio has been sitting outside the locked Jets war room getting pieces of paper slid under the door to him every 30 minutes. So far he has concluded the Jets could trade up, trade down, stay put and that they might take David DeCastro, Michael Floyd, Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones, Courtney Upshaw, or about fifteen other players…thanks Sal.
Rich Cimini has reported the Jets could trade up for Chandler Jones. We can’t confirm if he is saying this only because both of them went to Syracuse…probably.