In no particular order…
1. A special teams or defensive play that either directly results in points or sets up easy points. I am looking at you Antonio Cromartie.2. A big play on offense that directly results in points or sets up easy points. I am looking at you Shonn Greene, Braylon Edwards, and Santonio Holmes.
3. Mark Sanchez needs to play one of the best, if not, the best game of his young NFL career. Yes, obviously looking at you Mark Sanchez.
4. The Jets need to force a turnover on defense. I am looking at you Jason Taylor, Calvin Pace, and David Harris.
5. The backup Jets defensive backs, James Ihedigbo, Kyle Wilson, Marquice Cole, Dwight Lowery, and starting safeties Eric Smith and Brodney Pool all need strong games. Secondary, you are supposed to be the strength of this team, stand up.6. Nick Folk can’t miss any kicks under 45 yards. Shayne Graham needs to shank one. Yes, looking at you at #2…and expecting that choke from you Graham.
7. They can’t fall behind by more than one-possession at any point in the game. Everybody.
8. The running game must lead the way and allow the Jets to control the time of possession. Offensive Line, Backup tight ends, LaDainian Tomlinson, Shonn Green, Tony Richardson…ground and pound.
9. Danny Woodhead can’t be covered by Bart Scott, David Harris or any linebacker for that matter and certainly not Mike DeVito. Mike Pettine and Rex Ryan, common sense here.10. Zero turnovers. Offense but mostly Mark Sanchez.
Let’s Get That Upset