December Football is hard to beat as is, but it should be even more interesting this year with every division race still open and tons of division games still left on the schedule. Here are the rankings heading into week 13, how stupid am I? This stupid…
1. Atlanta Falcons (9-2) – The Falcons have arguably the best home field advantage in the NFL and Matt Ryan is playing like an elite quarterback.2. New York Jets (9-2) – Have a great opportunity to shut everybody up who refuses to give them respect this Monday Night.
3. New England Patriots (9-2) – Can hop into the driver’s seat of the AFC East by beating their rivals at home.
4. Baltimore Ravens (8-3) – They are looking for a season sweep of the Steelers, which would go a long way to locking down the AFC North.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3) – Their inconsistency has been concerning but they still are in position for a bye, if they can take care of the Ravens on the road this Sunday night.6. Chicago Bears (8-3) – Time to give them some respect.
7. New Orleans Saints (8-3) – The defending champs could end up settling for a wild-card spot with how well Atlanta is playing.
8. San Diego Chargers (6-5) – It is hard to see them not winning at least 4 of their last 5 and taking the AFC West.
9. Green Bay Packers (7-4) – They have been playing very well but somehow still sit a game behind the Bears and don’t have the tiebreaker with them, thanks to an early season loss.10. Philadelphia Eagles (7-4) – Mike Vick and company get a quick chance to bounce back on Thursday against Houston and their awful secondary.
11. New York Giants (7-4) – A big second half comeback keeps them in good position in the crowded NFC Playoff picture.
12. Kansas City Chiefs (7-4) – Dwayne Bowe is playing out of his mind right now. I still like the Chargers in their division though.
13. Tampa Bay Bucs (7-4) – They will eventually have to beat a team with a winning record if they want to make the playoffs. How about this week against Atlanta?
14. Miami Dolphins (6-5) – Impressive win over Oakland but they are 3 games out in the AFC East…playoffs just aren’t happening.
15. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-5) – They had a real chance to grab control of the AFC South but choked it away in the second half against the Giants.
16. Indianapolis Peyton Mannings (6-5) – The Colts aren’t a good football team right now but are still the favorites in the turd bowl AFC South.
17. Houston Texans (5-6) – They need to beat the Eagles this Thursday on the road to keep themselves relevant in the AFC South race.
18. St. Louis Rams (5-6) – Sam Bradford just might be able to pull a division title out at 7-9.
19. Minnesota Vikings (4-7) – Only in the NFC West is 4-7 good enough to compete for a division title.
20. Oakland Raiders (5-6) – A harsh fall back to reality for the Raiders who are done if they can’t get a victory this week.
21. Washington Redskins (5-6) – Bad loss at home to Vikings just about knocked them out of playoff contention.
22. Tennessee Titans (5-6) – The Rusty Smith era isn’t looking to promising in Tennessee.
23. Dallas Cowboys (3-8) – They will be a tough opponent in the spoiler role down the stretch.
24. Cleveland Browns (4-7) – An ugly, ugly win over the Panthers.
25. Buffalo Bills (2-9) – Three OT losses? Hard not to feel bad for the Bills and yes I am saying they are better than all the following teams.
26. Denver Broncos (3-8) – You don’t see too much of Josh McDaniels pumping his fist these days.
27. Seattle Seahawks (5-6) – I don’t care if they are still probably the favorites in the NFC West…they are a terrible football team.
28. San Francisco 49ers (4-7) – Sad that they are still in the thick of the playoff race.
29. Detroit Lions (2-9) – At least they kept us interested in for 3 quarters on Thanksgiving.
30. Cincinnati Bengals (2-9) – Ren and Stimpy have an awful television show and an even worse quarterback.
31. Arizona Cardinals (3-8) – Derek Anderson is going to put Larry Fitzgerald in a mental hospital.
32. Carolina Panthers (1-10) – At least John Kasay missing that field goal kept them on track for the number 1 pick.