Friday Thoughts On Jets/Chargers & Divisional Weekend
1. Is anybody else on information overload for this weekend? I may have read 20,000 pages worth of material on Jets vs. Chargers this week, along with listening to another 600 hours of radio/podcasts. Honestly, I am enjoying every second of this Jets playoff run, especially with the Giants, Patriots, and Dolphins sitting at home but I need this game to get here now, the anticipation is killing me.2. Keep an eye on Thomas Jones this weekend, something tells me he is a little frustrated about all the Shonn Greene is the Jets new number one back talk…not in a negative way but in a competitive, “hey I still ran for 1400 yards and 14 TD’s this year” kind of way. I think Jones is going to have a huge game on Sunday.
3. I love the Jets attitude heading into this game. They sound confident that they are going to be the tougher team and run the ball down the Chargers throat. My cousin reminded me of the Jets/Texans season opener, when most people were picking Houston and Rex Ryan gave a huge speech the night before the game on how the Texans were a finesse team and the Jets were going to punch them in the mouth…we all know how that turned out.
4. The AFC Playoff games are going to be interesting test for the traditional belief that you run and play defense to win championships versus the “this is now a passing league and you have to throw the ball to win” argument being pumped up by all the national writers (how convenient that when the Jets become the best defense in the league and have the best running game in the league, neither of those things matter). You have the Jets and Ravens, two teams who are great on defense and great at running the ball versus the Colts and Chargers, two teams who can’t run the ball and have average defenses at best…let’s see who comes out on top.
5. I love the Cardinals over the Saints: 37-34…just take the over, sit back and enjoy some great offensive football.6. I think the Ravens play the Colts extremely tough but Peyton Manning makes a big play at the end to win the game…23-19
7. Bye Bye Brett…Dallas-27 Minnesota – 21
8. You should already know my Jets pick, but if not watch this…