A quarter of the way through the NFL season, it is time for our first 2011 Power Rankings. Explain my stupidity to me on Twitter or Facebook…
Also check out an early week 5 preview
1. Green Bay Packers (4-0) – The champs are hitting on all cylinders right now.
2. New Orleans Saints (3-1) – They almost knocked off the Packers in week one. Darren Sproles was a complete steal for them in free agency.
3. Baltimore Ravens (3-1) – Laid an egg in Tennessee but look like they are ready to roll to a AFC North title.
4. New England Patriots (3-1) – They throw the football better than anybody in the league but what else can they do?
On The Rise
5. Detroit Lions (4-0) – Calvin Johnson is the best player in the NFL right now.
6. Tennessee Titans (3-1) – I trust them more than the Houston Texans to take the AFC South title.
7. Houston Texans (3-1) – Will this finally be the year they get over the hump?
8. San Diego Chargers (3-1) – An unimpressive 3-1…but considering their early season struggles in the past they will take it.
9. Washington Redskins (3-1) – Not as flashy of a team as their division counterparts but they could steal the NFC East.
10. New York Giants (3-1) – Rolling up wins in the first half of the season as they usually do.
11. Tampa Bay Bucs (3-1) – The young pups look like a legitimate playoff contender for the second year in a row.
12. Buffalo Bills (3-1) – Didn’t need that loss to Cincinnati with the schedule about to get more difficult.
13. Oakland Raiders (2-2) – Should be battling it out with San Diego for the division title out West.
14. San Francisco (3-1) – Solidly average is enough to roll in the NFC West.
15. New York Jets (2-2) – .500 never felt more like winless.
16. Atlanta Falcons (2-2) – They don’t look on New Orleans level this season.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) – Offensive lines are important (see Jets for this fact as well).
18. Dallas Cowboys (2-2) – Tony Romo is completely bipolar.
19. Chicago Bears (2-2) – Quickly losing ground on both Detroit and Green Bay.
20. Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) – Dream Team quickly turning into nightmare.
21. Carolina Panthers (1-3) – They will put up a fight every week with Cam Newton under center.
22. Cincinnati Bengals (2-2) – They already have more wins than I expected.
23. Cleveland Browns (2-2) – The Browns are at least beating the really crappy teams now.
Pretty Damn Bad
24. Seattle Seahawks (1-3) – You are always alive in the NFC West.
25. Arizona Cardinals (1-3) – See above.
26. Denver Broncos (1-3) – We want Tebow. We want Tebow.
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3) – Going to be a rough rookie year for Blaine Gabbert.
28. Indianpolis Colts (0-4) – How many more times do we have to watch them in primetime?
Really Damn Bad
29. Kansas City Chiefs (1-3) – Advanced from a ACC caliber team to maybe a low end SEC caliber team as of late.
30. Minnesota Vikings (0-4) – It hasn’t been a fun couple of years for Donovan McNabb.
31. St. Louis Rams (0-4) – How much longer will ‘Spags hold on to his job?
32. Miami Dolphins (0-4) – I really enjoy putting them here.