Follow Turn On The Jets on Facebook and Twitter (@TurnOnTheJets)
A 12 pack of predictions for Monday night’s game from TOJ, along with other week one NFL predictions
1. Ray Rice is going to rack up a good amount of yards against the Jets defense. Their linebackers will struggle to stop him in space. However, I think we will see plenty of the Jets defense bending to allow yards but not breaking to allow touchdowns.
2. Anquan Boldin isn’t going to do much of anything against Darrelle Revis. I am more worried about Todd Heap and Derrick Mason in the middle of the field.
3. The Jets are going to take a shot down the field to Braylon Edwards very early in the game. It will soften up the defense and show they aren’t afraid to attack the Ravens weak cornerbacks.
4. LaDainian Tomlinson is going to play more reps than Shonn Greene, yet Greene will finish with more carries and more total touches.
5. Mark Sanchez is going to have at least one turnover but so is Joe Flacco, whichever quarterback does a better overall job of protecting the football is going to go a long way to deciding who wins this game.
6. Jamaal Westerman is going to make a strong case to take a good share of reps from Jason Taylor at outside linebacker
7. Jerricho Cotchery is going to pull in at least 5 receptions and a few key third down conversions.
8. Kyle Wilson is going to impress both as a nickel back and a punt returner in his NFL debut.
9. Inactives – Kellen Clemens, Joe McKnight, Patrick Brown, Matthew Mulligan, Marcus Dixon, Drew Coleman, Calvin Pace, Brodney Pool
10. Eric Smith is going to make a strong case for more playing time with a solid performance filling in for Brodney Pool.
11. This game will be decided in the final four minutes. It is going to come down to which offense can break through with a timely big play or two, along with what defense can create a turnover that leads directly to points for their offense.
12. Ultimately, the Ravens will move the ball but the will Jets keep holding them to field goals and escape with a victory on a late (gulp) Nick Folk field goal, 17-16.
Other NFL Picks
- Giants (-6) vs. Carolina
- Miami (-4.5) vs. Buffalo
- Atlanta (-2) vs. Pittsburgh
- Detroit (+6.5) vs. Chicago
- Cincinnati (+5.5) vs. New England
- Cleveland (+3) vs. Tampa Bay
- Jacksonville (-3) vs. Denver
- Colts (-3) vs. Houston
- Oakland (+6.5) vs. Tennessee
- Green Bay (-4) vs. Philadelphia
- San Francisco (-4) vs. Seattle
- Arizona (-3.5) vs. St. Louis
- Dallas (-3.5) vs. Washington
- San Diego (-5.5) vs. Kansas City