Every Wednesday or Thursday during the NFL season, Joe Caporoso will break down the upcoming week of NFL action. Unfasten the belts and prepare to gorge on another weekend of fandom, fantasy, gambling, tweeting, cheering, complaining…and complaining.
The Buffet is brought to you by Razer Sport (www.RazerSport.com) – The world’s most respected sports betting consultants and handicappers, who are producing winners every single week. Visit Razer Sport to sign up for FREE and start winning like a RAZER member. Give them a follow on Twitter right here as well!
Super Bowl Prop Bets
Team To Score First During The Game: EAGLES (+115)
New England’s opponent has scored first in 4 of their last 5 Super Bowls. Here is another weird stat: New England has scored 0 points in the first quarter of ALL SEVEN Super Bowls with Brady and the score has been 0-0 after the first quarter in 4 of the 7 games. #UnderSZN
How many times will Carson Wentz be mentioned during the broadcast? (Over 3.5 for -150)
This feels like a lock. How can you not talk about the guy who was on track to be the league MVP when he is watching from the sidelines?
First Touchdown Scorer: LaGarrette Blount (+1400)
Diving over the pile to inevitably get our hopes before the Patriots inevitably come back to crush them.
First Patriots Touchdown Scorer: Dion Lewis (+400)
He is due.
Team To Score Longest Touchdown In The Game (Eagles +115)
A Torrey Smith or Alshon Jeffrey bomb could do the trick here.
Total Passing Yards For Tom Brady (Over 285.5, -125)
I don’t know how you could bet against him at this point. He has easily exceeded this number in his past two trips.
Who Will Throw The First Interception? (Foles, -150)
He is due for one.
Overrated Snack Of The Week
Now hear me out because I know this will be an unpopular take. I am a popcorn traditionalist, through and through. I want movie theater style popcorn doused in butter and salt so I’m breathing heavy by the second handful. If I need to eat popcorn in the sanctity of my own home during a game, I’m putting in the 2:39 at the microwave to cook it up. It is worth it. This white cheddar is an alleged healthier alternative (still not healthy!) that lacks the same flavor and coats your fingers with imitation cheddar dust. Overhyped. Overrated. Pop your own damn kernels.
Random NFL GIF
Oh no, Josh.
Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen … I mean, maybe it’s a small target ♀ pic.twitter.com/pbVldFeDkh
— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) January 24, 2018
Top Ten NFL Mock Draft – PRE FREE AGENCY EDITION
- Cleveland Browns – Sam Darnold, QB
- New York Giants – Connor Williams, OT
- Indianapolis Colts – Saquon Barkely, RB
- Cleveland Browns – Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB
- Denver Broncos – Josh Rosen, QB
- New York Jets – Baker Mayfield, QB (NOTE this is my wishful thinking, Mike Maccagnan could very well take Josh Allen here because he is tall and things).
- Tampa Bay Bucs – Quenton Nelson, OG
- Chicago Bears – Bradley Chubb, DE/OLB
- San Francisco 49ers – Calvin Ridley, WR
- Oakland Raiders – Denzel Ward, CB
Ten #TAKES on the NFL Playoffs
- Jacksonville would have won the Super Bowl if they drafted Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes.
- Nick Foles will be paid an ungodly amount of money this offseason and be an enormous disappointment for his new team.
- Mike Tomlin coached the worst playoff game of the past 10 years versus Jacksonville.
- New Orleans was the best team in the NFC and would have beat Philadelphia in the NFC Championship Game.
- Kansas City’s playoff loss will benefit them long term because it will expedite their transition from Alex Smith to Mahomes.
- Los Angeles is going to regress by at least two games next season and not host another playoff game for at least three years.
- If Buffalo doesn’t throw a fade on first and goal late in the first half against Jacksonville with the score 0-0 and instead runs it with LeSeasn McCoy over and over until he scored, they win in the first round.
- The officiating wasn’t all that bad in the New England/Jacksonville game. The Jags lost when they allowed Brady to convert that 3rd and 18 to Danny Amendola.
- Atlanta is never getting back to a Super Bowl with Matt Ryan.
- Jacksonville is going to pay Blake Bortles 19M next season.
Photo Credit: NFL.com