Every Wednesday or Thursday during the NFL season, Joe Caporoso will break down the upcoming week of NFL action. Unfasten the belts and prepare to gorge on another weekend of fandom, fantasy, gambling, tweeting, cheering, complaining…and complaining.
The Buffet is brought to you by Razer Sport (www.RazerSport.com) – The world’s most respected sports betting consultants and handicappers, who are producing winners every single week. Visit Razer Sport to sign up for FREE and start winning like a RAZER member. Give them a follow on Twitter right here as well!
Super Bowl Pick
Eagles (+4) New England has a (sadly) long history of playing extremely close Super Bowls, where they start surprisingly slow on offense, tease you into thinking the other team will win and then crush your soul with a late, narrow victory. I hope this script does not hold again but history says we are getting a 24-23 type game that is decided late. Philadelphia’s defensive line is the key to this game. If they can turn it into a 17-14 Giants/Patriots style slop fest, they have a real shot not just to cover but to win outright. FLY EAGLES FLY! You can get your wager in it at sport.netbet.co.uk
- Flex – Dion Lewis
- Flex – Chris Hogan
- Flex – Nelson Algholor
- Flex – LaGarrette Blount
- Flex 2x – Tom Brady
Overrated Snack Of The Week
Ever since I saw this terrible commercial back in the day, I have not been a fan of Pop Chips, which are small, circular, randomly mediocre chips with an average array of flavors. Damn, I hate that song and I can do without any Pop Chips during the Super Bowl.
Random NFL GIF
I am still feeling the relief, my friends.
When another GM trades for Alex Smith before your GM can… pic.twitter.com/nMuzbpjr69
— Joe Caporoso (@JCaporoso) January 31, 2018
Ten Offseason Predictions
- Le’Veon Bell will remain with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Allen Robinson will remain with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- The Cleveland Browns will trade for AJ McCarron.
- Case Keenum will stay with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Sam Darnold will be the first overall pick in the NFL Draft.
- The Colts will trade out of the third spot in the NFL Draft.
- DeMarcus Lawrence will stay with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead will stay with the Patriots.
- Nick Foles will get traded to the Arizona Cardinals.
- Jarvis Landry will sign with the New York Jets.
Ten Lessons from 2017 Season
- Trading a ton of assets to go get your quarterback is a-okay as Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Houston will now tell you.
- Washington’s front office is an unmitigated disaster.
- Hue Jackson is a historically bad NFL coach.
- The Legion Of Boom is dead.
- You can always find mid round talent at running back.
- You can always find mid round talent at wide receiver.
- Russell Wilson is one of the five best quarterbacks in football.
- You can’t kill Marvin Lewis.
- Derek Carr is overrated.
- Jay Cutler should have stayed retired.
Photo Credit: NFL.com