Every Wednesday or Thursday during the NFL season, Joe Caporoso will break down the upcoming week of NFL action. Unfasten the belts and prepare to gorge on another weekend of fandom, fantasy, gambling, tweeting, cheering, complaining…and complaining.
The Buffet is brought to you by Razer Sport (www.RazerSport.com) – The world’s most respected sports betting consultants and handicappers, who are producing winners every single week. Visit Razer Sport to sign up for FREE and start winning like a RAZER member. Give them a follow on Twitter right here as well!
Championship Weekend Picks
New England (-8.5) vs. Jacksonville
I want to talk myself into a Jacksonville win and lord knows I will be rooting like hell for them but the Patriots are not the Steelers. They will not overlook the Jaguars in any way and they will not have multiple brain farts when it comes to coaching decisions and situational football. New England will sell out to stop Leonard Fournette and make Blake Bortles beat them outside the numbers. Did anybody notice that Jacksonville allowed over 40 points last week? New England’s offense is every bit as dangerous as the Steelers. I think this game will be higher scoring than expected on both sides and close into the second half but ultimately New England will finish with a 10 or 11 point win.
Minnesota (-3) vs. Philadelphia
I would not bet this game, which feels like a complete, low scoring coin flip. Philadelphia has shut me up all year but it feels impossible to pick against the Vikings after the miracle they pulled off last week. More pragmatically, their defense should cause problems for Nick Foles and they have a balanced enough offensive attack to score just enough versus Philadelphia. One of their big two receivers should be able to make a play late to push them over the top.
- QB – Blake Bortles
- RB – Dion Lewis
- RB – Latavius Murray
- WR – Alshon Jeffrey
- WR – Stefon Diggs
- WR – Dede Westbrook
- TE – Rob Gronkowski
- K – Stephen Gostowski
- D – Minnesota
Overrated Snack Of The Week
If you want chips – eat chips. Get yourself a nice Cool Ranch Dorito, a corn chip or a salt and vinegar potato chip, don’t delude yourself into the “healthy” chip because it is in a fancier looking bag and named after a type of bread. If you want a pita, get some damn pita bread. Let these snacks play in their natural habitat, instead of eating a worse version of both combined together.
Random NFL GIF
God speed Jags, we are rooting for you!
— News4JAX (@wjxt4) May 2, 2016
- Rob Gronkowski will go over 100 yards and have multiple touchdowns.
- Blake Bortles will have a better than expected statistical game but have two brutal second half turnovers.
- Rex Burkhead will come out of nowhere to have a big game for New England.
- Nick Foles will throw two interceptions against Minnesota’s defense.
- There will be no first half touchdowns in the Minnesota/Philadelphia game.
- Jacksonville will sack Tom Brady at least three times.
NFL/GM Coach Reminders
- You don’t need a QB, you have Eli (Pat Shurmur, via a Jets fan!)
- Don’t throw away years worth of college tape because of one week of Senior Bowl practices.
- The leading rusher on three of the four final teams this season were taken in the 5th round or later in the NFL Draft. None of the leading receivers were taken in the first round.
Photo Credit: NFL.com