One man’s guess at the top ten picks in the 2017 NFL Draft. Here is my previous New York Jets centric mock draft…
1. Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett, Edge: Don’t overthink this, go get your version of Kahlil Mack who will be an immediate game changer for the defense.
2. San Francisco 49ers – Solomon Thomas, Defensive End: It feels like this pick could be traded or a quarterback but ultimately the 49ers take a safe, versatile players to improve their defensive front.
3. Chicago Bears – Malik Hooker, Free Safety: The Bears add a game changer on the back end to improve a defense that needs to be rebuilt.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars – Leonard Fournette, Running Back: The Jaguars do what they can to take the ball out of Blake Bortles hands and build around their defense and a power running game.
5. Tennessee Titans – Marshon Lattimore, Cornerback: Tennessee rolls the dice on the draft’s most talented cornerback, banking he can stay healthy.
6. New York Jets – Jamal Adams, Safety: Many fans will be calling for a QB or OJ Howard but the Jets play it safe and take their version of Landon Collins.
7. Los Angeles Chargers – Jonathan Allen, Defensive Line, Alabama: Allen pairs with Joey Bosa to form a terrifying front for the Chargers.
8. Carolina Panthers – Christian McCaffrey, Running Back: The first “surprise” pick. Carolina invests in an offensive weapon to lessen the load on Cam Newton, particularly when it comes to running the football.
9. Cincinnati Bengals – Derek Barnett, Defensive End: The Bengals add to their talented defensive front with not a flashy but productive pick.
10. Buffalo Bills – Mitchell Trubisky, Quarterback: The first quarterback off the board is the third or fourth best quarterback overall in the class. Good luck Buffalo.
Photo Credit: TexasAM.com