A final mock draft from Dalbin Osorio…
1. Cleveland: QB Mitch Trubisky– The Browns are in position to end up with two of my top 40 players without having to do much maneuvering, but instead of taking the sure thing in Myles Garrett (#3 on my big board) they opt for the quarterback.2. San Francisco: S Jamal Adams– The 49ers add the leader of their defense and an instant upgrade on the back of their defense, and pass on Garrett because of the presence of Armstead an Buckner.
3. Chicago Bears: EDGE Myles Garrett– Chicago reaps the benefit of the slight Myles Garrett drop and take the best pass rusher in the draft to pair with last year’s first round pick Leonard Floyd to give Aaron Rodgers nightmares next year.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: QB Deshaun Watson– Tom Coughlin knows how important getting the QB position right is, and he opts to take the best QB in this class with his first draft as the head of his former team.
5. Tennessee Titans: CB Marshon Lattimore– I don’t like Lattimore as much as others and am worried his hamstrings will prevent him from becoming a serviceable starter, but the Titans need corner help and have enough picks to roll the dice.6. New York Jets: EDGE Haason Reddick– There will be temptation to take RB Christian McCaffrey to give Christian Hackenburg, but in the end the Jets opt to go defense by taking a versatile chess piece for Todd Bowles’s rebuilding defense.
7. San Diego Chargers: DE Solomon Thomas– The Chargers could reach for the heir apparent of Phillip Rivers, but they opt to get a running mate for Joey Bosa.
8. Carolina Panthers: RB Christian McCaffrey– This pick might shock some, but getting a better Reggie Bush at this spot for a team this dependent on Cam Newton feels like a no brainer.
9. Cincinnati Bengals: EDGE Derek Barnett– Bengals opt to take the best player available, and upgrade from Marquis Flowers to improve their pass rush.10. Buffalo Bills: CB Kevin King– The Bills would’ve scooped up Marshon Lattimore at this spot, but instead they end up with the better player and the guy that will fill the Josh Norman role in their new head coach’s defense.
11. New Orleans Saints: QB Patrick Mahomes– The Saints start to think about life after Drew Brees, and take the QB with the highest upside in this draft class to take over for Brees after this year.
12. Cleveland Browns: RB Leonard Fournette– Cleveland doubles up on offense in round one and upgrades their running game and entire offense by adding a potential franchise running back.
13. Arizona Cardinals: QB DeShone Kizer– Bruce Arians goes QB and takes the raw signal caller from Notre Dame as the guy to take over for Carson Palmer and caps the “4 QB in first 15 run” I’ve been predicting.
14. Philadelphia Eagles: RB Dalvin Cook– The Eagles have upgraded their wide receiver corp for their young franchise QB, and with this pick upgrade their RB by drafting the best RB in the class.
15. Indianapolis Colts: TE OJ Howard– The Colts, after trading Dwayne Allen, have a hole at TE and instantly improve by drafting the playmaking TE from Alabama.
16. Baltimore Ravens: S Malik Hooker– Ozzie Newsome saw what Ed Reed could do, so he opts to take the second coming of him with Malik Hooker to improve the back end of a shaky Ravens defense.
17. Washington: OT Garrett Bolles– Moses Morgan isn’t cutting it, so Bruce Allen takes OT Cam Robinson to start at RT from day one.
18. Tennessee Titans: WR Mike Williams– The Titans swung for the fences with their first round pick, but with pick 18 they opt for a safer WR to grow with Marcus Mariota and improve their passing game.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: TE David Njoku– The Bucs added Desean Jackson to the Mike Evans-led passing attack, and now add the best TE in the draft (IMO) to further solidify that passing attack.
20. Denver Broncos: OG Forrest Lamp– The Broncos need to improve their offensive line, and the drafting of Lamp allows the Broncos to slide newly acquired Ronald Leary to RT.
21. Detroit Lions: OLB Zach Cunningham– Lions need to improve one of the worst linebacking corps in the league, and adding the versatile Vandy LB goes a long way towards doing that.
22. Miami Dolphins: OT Garrett Bolles– With the trade of Brandon Albert, the Dolphins now have a gap at LT, and they opt for the oldest man in draft business to fill that hole.
23. New York Giants: OT Ryan Ramczyk– Ereck Flowers as a left tackle not working has only been a surprise to Giants fans, and Ryan Ramczyk goes a long way towards fixing that issue.
24. Oakland Raiders: CB Marlon Humphrey– A Super Bowl contender fills the one hole they have by adding a solid, albeit not flashy, cornerback from the two time National Champions.
25. Houston Texans: QB Davis Webb– Houston has arguably the worst QB group in the NFL, and that prompts reaches like this one where they take a kid that shouldn’t go round one.
26. Seattle Seahawks: OT Cam Robinson– The Seahawks add arguably the best LT in the draft to protect Russell Wilson’s blind spot after watching their entire offensive line overturn over the last few offseasons.
27. Kansas City Chiefs: ILB Reuben Foster– The Chiefs add the leader of the Alabama defense to pair with Derrick Johnson in the middle of an even more formidable defense.
28. Dallas Cowboys: WR Corey Davis– The Cowboys get a weapon for Dak Prescott in the passing game by adding one of the better route runners in the entire draft and a guy to draw attention away from Dez Bryant.
29. Green Bay Packers: S Jabril Peppers– There’s talk of Peppers falling out of round one, but I genuinely do not buy it and here he ends up as a playmaker next to Haha Clinton-Dix on a now improving Packers defense.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers: CB Tre’Davious White– The Steelers added Artie Burns last year, and now soliidy their CB group with the LSU Tiger with an affinity for pass breakups.
31. Atlanta Falcons: EDGE Charles Harris– In the market for another pass rusher for his defense opposite Vic Beasley, Dan Quinn adds a kid with a relentless motor who will benefit from playing in this defense.
32. New Orleans Saints: CB Gareon Conley– The Saints, after not trading for Malcolm Butler, opt to take the more talented of the Buckeyes corners in Conley who, despite the issues that came out this week, should have everything cleared up and still hear his name called tonight.
Photo Credit: Temple.com