Episode 6 of Slight Work is now live! Today, we talk with Kimberley Martin (@KMart_LI) of Newsday, where she is the New York Jets beat writer. Make sure to subscribe to our I-Tunes feed right here and leave us a review!
Kimberley walks us through her unique journey to the New York Jets beat, which began with a career in finance, discusses the time commitment involved with covering a NFL team and the challenges of the position in an evolving media landscape…
I do like the fan interaction. I interact with people that are rude to me. I interact with people that are friendly…I’m from New York. I’m from Brooklyn. I have a little snarky edge to me. But people that know me, know I’m well intentioned. The more people that follow you, you are thankful for that.
We also go through our weekly questions with Kimberley, which include…
- Best career advice you received?
- Most valuable skill set you have?
- One prediction about sports media industry in 2017
- Most annoying or frustrating thing about industry/your job?
- What is one carer orientated goal you have for the next 12 months or a skill set you want to learn?
Photo Credit: Newsday.com