The New York Jets are struggling for numerous reasons but here are a few damning statistics that particularly jump off the page…
- The New York Jets are 31st in the NFL in Red Zone scoring percentage (touchdowns only) at 38%. They are one of only two teams in the NFL under 40%.
- The Jets are last in the NFL in DVOA, even worse than the 0-9 Browns.
- The Jets are 31st in the NFL in turnover margin and one of only two teams to be below -10.
- The Jets have zero defensive and special teams touchdowns this season.
- The Jets have only returned one kick past the 50 yard line this season.
- The Jets are tied for 21st in the NFL in sacks. Only 2.5 of their 16 sacks have come from the linebacker position.
- The Jets only have six runs of 20 yards or longer this season.
- The Jets are
- The Jets longest punt return this year is 16 yards. They are averaging 6.6 yards per return.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is 32nd in the NFL in completion percentage.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is 32nd in the NFL in QB rating.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is 1st in the NFL in interceptions.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is 26th in the NFL in yards per attempt.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick has 4 less touchdown passes than Tom Brady, even though Brady was suspended 4 games.
- Brandon Marshall is catching 45% of his targets. He is on pace for 4 touchdowns this season.
- Mo Wilkerson is on pace for 5 sacks this season. Sheldon Richardson is on pace for 3.
- Matt Forte is only averaging 3.8 yards per carry and is averaging less than 3 targets per week in the passing game.
- Bilal Powell is averaging 4 carries per game.
- Darrelle Revis has 2 passes defensed and 0 interceptions.
- Darron Lee and Jordan Jenkins have combined for 0.5 sacks, 6 TFLs, 0 turnovers, 2 passes defensed and 5 missed games.
- Juston Burris has only played 57 defensive snaps this season.
- David Harris has 0 sacks and 1 TFL.