First, some shameless self promotion as we had a very full Monday and Tuesday here at TOJ
– Joe Malfa previewed the Jets opponents for the 2nd quarter of the schedule.
– Jace Amaro quietly put together a decent rookie season, but he failed to live up to expectations. Perhaps a position change will bring him more success? (NYP)
– In case you have not heard this enough already, the Jets defense is going to be good — like really, really good. Joe Klecko has joined the conversation and believes this defense will be the league’s best this season — move over Seattle. (CBS)
– To call Geno Smith’s first two seasons with the Jets a roller coaster ride would be an understatement. He has seen the lows of going 2/8 with five yards and three interceptions, and the highs of going 20/25 with 358 yards, three TDs, and no turnovers. He has made plenty of plays that make us wonder what we ever did to deserve him as our QB, and has bounced back with plays that make us think he will be a perennial Pro-Bowler. If Ron Jaworski could find a way to add more hours to the day to watch QB film, he would. His latest trip to the film room included an examination of Geno, and he was given the Jaws stamp of approval. (NYJ)
– It’s July 1st, meaning it is finally training camp month — football is back! Well, almost. In the lead up to the official start of training camp, there will be plenty of articles speculating who will make the roster and who will be looking for work elsewhere — here is one of the early editions of those articles. (B/R)
– Going into the offseason, the team had needs at CB, WR, OG, and DE. While those needs were all addressed in some way, there is still one glaring hole to be addressed. No, it is not a hole on the field…it’s a hole in the stands. Fireman Ed, please come back — the team needs you. (Side note: My dream opening day scenario involves Revis being introduced last as he runs out of the tunnel with the American flag, and a Fireman Ed led J-E-T-S chant after a flyover — I get chills just thinking about it.) (TJP)