Bob Scarinci with grades based on a 100 scale, with 96-100 representative of an early first round value, 91-95 representative of a first round value, 86-90 equal to a late first/early second rounder, and 81-85 the equivalent of a 2nd rounder…
|Amari Cooper||Wide Receiver||Alabama||6’1||203||98|
|Dante Fowler Jr||Edge Defender||Florida||6’3||261||97|
|Kevin White||Wide Receiver||West Virginia||6’3||210||97|
|Vic Beasley||Edge Defender||Clemson||6’3||246||97|
|Randy Gregory||Edge Defender||Nebraska||6’5||235||95|
|La’El Collins||Offensive Tackle||LSU||6’5||322||94|
|Leonard Williams||Interior Defensive Lineman||USC||6’5||302||94|
|Preston Smith||Edge Defender||Mississippi State||6’5||270||93|
|Todd Gurley||Running Back||Georgia||6’1||222||93|
|Alvin Dupree||Edge Defender||Kentucky||6’4||269||92|
|Brandon Scherff||Offensive Tackle||Iowa||6’5||315||92|
|Henry Anderson||Interior Defensive Lineman||Stanford||6’6||294||92|
|DeVante Parker||Wide Receiver||Louisville||6’3||209||91|
|Arik Armstead||Interior Defensive Lineman||Oregon||6’7||292||90|
|Duke Johnson||Running Back||Miami||5’9||207||90|
|Jameis Winston||Quarterback||Florida State||6’4||231||90|
|Nelson Agholor||Wide Receiver||USC||6′||198||90|
|Owamagbe Odighizuwa||Edge Defender||UCLA||6’3||267||90|
A few notes on the rankings
– I try to avoid bringing character into these rankings. I’ve never met any of these prospects so I try to avoid judging them as people.
– My Jameis Winston ranking is based off of what I consider pretty poor decision making and him trying to force balls into coverage that should dictate the ball going elsewhere.
– My Eric Kendricks ranking is higher than most have him. I’m a huge fan of his potential as a three down backer capable of playing downhill in the run game, sideline to sideline in the run game, his recognition skills, and closing speed.
– Marcus Mariota’s ranking as the best player in this class is founded upon what I think is an exceptional ability to manipulate defenders and work within a collapsing pocket to mitigate pressure.
– Preston Smith is higher on my rankings than you will see in most places. I love his potential as a versatile defender capable of doing everything from rushing off the edge, stuffing the run from various alignments, to providing a rush from a 3 technique or 1 technique interior spot.