Final mock draft, thoughts and predictions for the New York Jets and 2015 NFL Draft. Here is last year’s version. See you tonight at Five Mile Stone in NYC, get there early, we are going to have a packed house. If you can’t make it, you can hear our podcast at this link.
The No Trade Mock Draft
- Tampa Bay – Jameis Winston, QB
- Tennessee – Kevin White, WR
- Jacksonville – Leonard Williams, DL
- Oakland – Amari Cooper, WR
- Washington – Marcus Mariota, QB
- New York Jets – Dante Fowler, Edge
- Chicago – DeVante Parker, WR
- Atlanta – Vic Beasley, Edge
- New York Giants – Brandon Scherff, OL
- St. Louis – Ereck Flowers, OL
- Minnesota – Trae Waynes, CB
- Cleveland – Danny Shelton, DL
- New Orleans – Randy Gregory, Edge
- Miami – Todd Gurley. RB
- San Francisco – Philip Dorsett, WR
- Houston – Andrus Peat, OL
- San Diego – Melvin Gordon, RB
- Kansas City – Nelson Agholor, WR
- Cleveland – Breshad Perriman, WR
- Philadelphia – Byron Jones, CB
- Cincinnati – DJ Humphries, OL
- Pittsburgh – Malcolm Brown, DT
- Detroit – TJ Clemmings, OL
- Arizona – Ameer Abdullah, RB
- Carolina – Jaelen Strong, WR
- Baltimore – Preston Smith, DE
- Dallas – Eric Kendricks, LB
- Denver – Cedric Ogbuehi, OL
- Indianapolis – Landon Collins, S
- Green Bay – Benadrink McKinney, LB
- New Orleans – Dorial Green-Beckham, WR
- New England – AJ Cann, OG
The Trade Predictions (Not in mock format because of how convoluted it gets and how flexible the draft value chart is)
- Cleveland moves up to get Marcus Mariota
- Miami moves up to get DeVante Parker
- Atlanta moves up to get Vic Beasley
- Jets move back to target Bud Dupree, Andrus Peat or Brandon Scherff
- Tennessee moves back to target Breshad Perriman, Trae Waynes or Landon Collins
- Washington moves back to target Danny Shelton, Randy Gregory or Bud Dupree
- Dallas moves up to target Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon
- Arizona moves back to target Shane Ray or Ameer Abdullah
The Jets Mid Round Predictions
- Jets will select a running back before the end of round 3.
- Jets will leave with more than six players.
- Jets will select QB Garrett Grayson in 3rd or 4th round.
- Jets will add at least one receiver who is over 6 foot.
- Jets will draft an offensive lineman before the end of round 3.
- Jets will not trade Muhammad Wilkerson.
The AFC East Predictions
- The Dolphins will trade up for a wide receiver or running back.
- The Bills will leave the draft with Bryce Petty.
- New England will trade back at least twice.
The First Round Jets Happiness Meter (CC Mike O’Connor for the idea)
- I’d love at 6: Fowler. Beasley.
- I’d like at 6: Scherff. Dupree.
- I wouldn’t complain about at 6: Mariota. Cooper. White.
- I don’t want at all at 6: Gurley. Peat. Williams. (I’d be comfortable with Gurley/Peat as trade down targets).
The Question List
- Will the Jets stay at 6? No, unless Dante Fowler is available.
- Who will their first pick be? Dante Fowler, Bud Dupree or Brandon Scherff
- Will the Jets stay at 37? Yes
- Who will the pick be? AJ Cann, Devin Smith or Duke Johnson.
- Will the Jets ignore Edge in the first three rounds again this year? No
- How many final picks will the Jets make? 8
- Who is a mid-late round player who will end up a Jet? Garrett Grayson, QB
HAPPY DRAFT WEEKEND!