Welcome to the TOJ Link Dump, where our newest writers Max Marcilla and Joe Malfa will take turns listing out the top New York Jets and NFL reads of the day. Yours truly will also throw in a GIF of the day and a generally ridiculous Rex Ryan picture as the feature image. See a great read? Tweet it over to Max, Joe or myself - JC
- Geno Smith is confident about his team this year. However, is he too confident? The second year quarterback thinks the Jets will be successful this upcoming season. “I feel good about our team making a Super Bowl run.” Smith said. “You know, why not us?” After the draft, the Jets odds at winning the big game were set at 66-1. (GGN)
- Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said that running back Chris Johnson is a “first-ballot Hall of Famer.” His former teammate Jason McCourty said Johnson is “one of the best,” and even the greatest Jets running back of all-time chimed in. Curtis Martin said “He’s unique because, at any moment, he can score.” (TRZ)
- Pro Football Talk is reporting that Chris Johnson is also a fan of parties, and is advising Johnny Football to continue his lifestyle of making cameos at over-the-top parties everywhere. (PFT)
- Brian Costello of the New York Post has done a series of articles counting down the 25 most important Jets. Linebacker Calvin Pace came in at number 13 in the list, and Costello says he doesn’t expect the veteran’s role to be reduced. Whether Pace will top his 10 sacks that he recorded last year is hard to say, but Pace will be an important player in the Jets front seven. (NYP)
-Speaking of countdowns, Matt Barbato and I have been working on a list of the 20 best Jets over at www.NYJetFuel.com in a series we entitled “Best of the Jets.” The 2013 first round pick Dee Milliner came in at number seventeen, with 2014 first-round draft pick Calvin Pryor right behind him at 18. (NYJF)
- Nine weeks from yesterday is the Jets first game against the Oakland Raiders at MetLife Stadium. Here at TOJ we can’t wait! However, it will be hard to top the Jets thrilling Week 1 victory from last year against the Bucs. Remember this?
GIF of the Day: An easy laugh but PLEASE don’t do this anymore Rex Ryan and Marty Mornhinweg…