Training camp is now less than one week away! Here are your New York Jets links, YouTube clip and GIF of the Day…
– Most people believe Geno Smith will be the starting QB of the New York Jets come opening day, but he needs to improve for the team to make any kind of playoff run. (OJT)
– Ron Jaworski is my favorite person of the week. Why? He didn’t rank Geno Smith as the worst QB in the league! (PFT)
– Here is the defensive comparison between the Jets and Patriots that I promised yesterday. (SI)
– Cimini’s positional breakdown of the day– wide receiver. How many of you added your name to that petition yesterday? (ESPN)
– There a lot of interesting battles to watch in training camp, and there are a lot of players who are more than capable of making the team. Here is a pre-camp prediction of the final 53-man roster. (B/R)
– Big, athletic tight ends are invaluable assets in today’s passing league — the Jets have two and they need to be used correctly, creatively, and often.
– There is a CB on the Jets who is drawing comparisons to he-who-must-not-be-named, and it’s not Dee Milliner as most of you might expect. (ESPN)
– Rex Ryan led Gang Green to two straight AFC Championship games with rosters that were mediocre on paper. This Jets team, on paper, may be the best overall team Rex Ryan has ever coached, so why not us? Why can’t the Jets win the Super Bowl? (NYJ)
Shaq Evans Highlights…
Now that is pretty….