The Turn On The Jets 12 Pack is back with Super Bowl predictions along with New York Jets thoughts and observations. We hope everybody enjoys their Super Bowl weekend and we hope to see you out on the Boulevard or at Francesa-Con on Saturday!
1. If you follow me on Twitter, you probably have seen the massive amount of Super Bowl content I have written up for The Whistle. Here are a handful of links if you haven’t had the chance to read them:
- Top 50 players ranked
- A 15 PACK of predictions
- Fans of other teams reasons to be sad
…And video predictions
4. I’ve received a few questions about the Jets coaching staff. It sounds like all the prominent coaches will be returning (including DC Dennis Thurman) and that a new special teams coach will be named within the next 2-3 weeks.
5. There has been some chatter about the Jets focusing on finding a speed-back/kick returner in the middle to late rounds. Considering they should have 12 picks this makes sense. Mike Goodson has a ton of potential in this offense but has both legal and durability questions.
6. I would be genuinely surprised if the Jets selected a quarterback in the NFL Draft in the 1st or 2nd round. However, I do think one of their first free agent signings will be a quarterback.
7. Curious how many Jets fans will make the trip to Lambeau Field next season. We are interested in taking the road trip over here so let us know if you hear of a large group of fans going.
8. I hope John Idzik puts his foot down with Rex Ryan and doesn’t bring Ed Reed back or consider signing Terrell Suggs. Reed’s lack of production and speed last season was evident and Suggs dramatically fell off in the final 8 weeks of the 2013 season. He will likely be overpaid this off-season because of his name. Please, stay away. Let’s become Seattle East, not Baltimore North.
9. By the end of next season, Dee Milliner is going to be a very good starting cornerback in the NFL. The real question is who will be playing opposite of him? My gut says Antonio Cromartie is back on a restructured deal and the Jets don’t spend in FA on corner but rather add a draft pick or two in the middle rounds.
10. Austin Howard needs to be signed to a new contract sooner rather than later. Don’t even let him sniff the open market.
11. This is awesome.
12. Favorite Jets memory of 2013 season? Beating New England and New Orleans. Favorite non-Jets NFL memory of 2013 season? Watching the Colts comeback wild-card weekend and seeing the Broncos physically beat down the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game.