Another year of 12 Packs is in the books, which means another season of covering the New York Jets is nearly in the books. The off-season often ends up being busier here than the regular season and I expect this year to be no exception. There is a potential coaching change on the way, nearly 50 million in cap space and likely 12 draft picks at the Jets disposal. We are lucky to have such a large collection of talented writers to cover what is sure to be a highly active January to August.
I want to take these few paragraphs to thank all of our readers, commenters and followers on various social media channels. Back in 2006, I started Jets “blogging” for a site called The Cockpit over at the MVN Network, from there I did some work at The Bleacher Report and a few other smaller sites before Bryan Douglass recruited me to run TOJ for the Fanball Network. After Fanball eventually shut down, Will Horton helped me with the process of purchasing the domain and transferring servers and eventually put together our terrific redesign last year. So big thanks to both Bryan and Will as well!
Thanks to our writers and all the support from all you readers, TOJ went from a hobby for me, to being consolidated into a LLC with recently started Turn On The Knicks, to being the lead thing on my resume that helped me land a full time job as a sports editor with The Whistle (please follow us on Twitter, by the way!)
So here I am now as a 26 year old getting to do what I’ve always wanted to do full time…which is obviously very exciting (not so exciting for my Political Science degree but oh well) and none of that would be possible without all your support, so thanks again and let’s buckle up for what should be a wild off-season.
On to the week 17 predictions…
1. Quinton Coples will have a sack, finishing the season with 5.5 which will match his total from 2012.
2. Santonio Holmes will have 3 receptions in his last game as a New York Jet.
3. Mike Wallace will finish with 50 yards receiving. Charles Clay will add on 65 receiving yards of his own.
4. Muhammad Wilkerson will grab another 1.5 sacks, finishing with 12 on the season.
5. Ryan Tannehill will throw for 275 yards and two touchdowns. He will be sacked three times and fumble once.
6. Brian Hartline will lead Miami with 6 receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown.
7. Jeremy Kerley will catch his 4th touchdown of the season.
8. Chris Ivory will lead the Jets with 85 yards rushing.
9. Geno Smith will throw for 200 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He will rush for 40 yards.
10. Around the NFL: Eagles over Cowboys. Packers over Bears. Ravens over Bengals. Chargers over Chiefs. Saints over Bucs. Cardinals over 49ers. Denver, New England, Seattle, Carolina and Indianapolis will all also win.
11. So your final playoff seeding will look like this:
- New England
- Kansas City
- Green Bay
- New Orleans
- San Francisco
12. The Jets are going to steal a tight one from the Dolphins, 23-20 to knock them out of the playoffs.