The Turn On The Jets 12 pack went 7-1 throughout the first half of the year predicting the outcome of New York Jets games. Here are 12 predictions for the second half of the season as we take a weekend to regain our sanity after a disappointing first half –
1. Let’s get the record out of the way first. Siding with optimism and a hope that this team won’t quit on Rex Ryan, I think they manage a 5-3 record against a soft schedule en route to a 8-8 record. This will leave them on the outside looking in for the playoffs likely due to a tie-breaker, as I do think a 8-8 team will make the playoffs in the AFC.
2. Moving to the quarterbacks next, Mark Sanchez, barring injury, will start every game the rest of the season.
3. Shonn Greene will barely crack 1,000 yards and finish with 8 touchdowns.
4. Jeremy Kerley will finish somewhere between 950-1,000 yards receiving.
5. Dustin Keller will have a very good second half, finishing with 50 catches and 4 touchdowns on the season.
6. Quinton Coples will have 3 sacks over the last 8 games, finishing with 5 on the season which could very well end up leading the team.
7. Bart Scott won’t play over 30 reps in a game the rest of the season.
8. Stephen Hill will steadily improve over the second half of the season, averaging 3 catches per game and catching 3 more touchdowns.
9. Tim Tebow will score a touchdown at some point this season.
10. Vlad Ducasse will be the starting guard by the end of the season.
11. Joe McKnight will finish the season strongly on both offense and special teams.
12. The only three Jets who will make the Pro Bowl will be Nick Mangold, Antonio Cromartie and D’Brickashaw Ferguson.