The Turn On The Jets 12 pack is back with 12 refreshing predictions for your 3-6 New York Jets who this week travel to St. Louis to face Robert Turner, Brian Schottenheimer, Matthew Mulligan, Kellen Clemens, Wayne Hunter and the rest of the 3-5-1 Rams. You may laugh at those names but the Jets are appropriately 3.5 point underdogs because in the game of football you need to score points and the Jets cannot do that.
1. Shonn Greene, Joe McKnight and Khalil Bell will combine for 35 touches on offense. The Jets are going to run early and often on offense and I expect plenty of Mark Sanchez checkdowns, some completed and some knocked down at the line.
2. Danny Amedonla will take advantage of the plays Antonio Cromartie isn’t near him and lead the Rams in receptions and receiving yards, with 7 for 85.
3. St. Louis will struggle to run the ball on the Jets front seven. Steven Jackson will finish with less than 55 yards rushing and Daryl Richardson with finish with less than 35 yards.
4. Dustin Keller will lead the Jets in receptions and receiving yards, having a nice bounce-back game after his disastrous performance last week.
5. Mark Sanchez will have another fairly ugly stat-line, barley completing 50% of his passes, throwing for under 200 yards and having another turnover. He will also be sacked at least twice.
6. Sam Bradford will throw for 200 yards and a touchdown but will also have at least one turnover. The Jets will sack him at least twice.
7. Stephen Hill will have less than 25 yards receiving. Jeremy Kerley will again be the only Jets receiver who makes any type of impact on the game.
8. Tim Tebow will finish with 30 total offensive yards. Yawn.
9. Joe McKnight won’t get the chance to return any kicks because of Legatron.
10. There will be 3 or less total touchdowns in this game.
11. #63 will in fact be eligible…for at least 10 plays this week.
12. The entire week I picked the Jets to lose this game, including in my Q&A with the Rams Herd, yet something about it almost seeming too obvious to pick them to lose and the fact that St. Louis is coming of a full five quarter emotional tie in San Francisco…what the hell? I am taking the Jets 17-16.
Predicted Game Outcome Record (8-1)