Big week here at Turn On The Jets as we added a new banner and an official new tagline to the site. RIP to the Ground and Pound…”Mission To Civilize” is here to stay.
On to the predictions (5-0 in game picks so far here by the way…just saying) –
1. This will be the last time I ever predict Mark Sanchez to complete over 50% of his passes if he does not do it. But yes, for one last time…Mark Sanchez will complete over 50% of his passes and throw for over 200 yards. He will have a turnover but also throw two touchdowns.
2. Antonio Cromartie will hold Reggie Wayne under 60 yards receiving. Wayne will be a tougher match-up for Cromartie than Andre Johnson because of how the Colts move him around the formation and because he is quicker out of his breaks/a better route runner.
3. More so because of the Colts struggles on offense than the Jets defense, Indianapolis won’t rush for over 100 yards this week.
4. Shonn Greene will rush for over 3.8 yards per carry this Sunday, for the first and maybe last time this season.
5. Jeremy Kerley will catch his third touchdown of the season and lead the Jets with 75 yards receiving.
6. Dustin Keller will catch a touchdown and finish with 4 or more receptions.
7. Andrew Luck will throw for over 250 yards this week but also have a pair of turnovers to go with a touchdown pass.
8. The Jets special teams will make a play that directly leads to points.
9. Jonathan Grimes will get his first carries of the season this week.
10. Tim Tebow won’t play more than 10 total snaps on offense.
11. Nick Folk will continue his perfect season so far, knocking through 2 more field goals.
12. The Jets will snap their 2 game losing streak with an encouraging 20-10 win. Mark Sanchez will play well enough to keep his job another week, which is a good thing because he is guy you want under center against New England.