How about this weather in New York City? There is nothing like the autumn. It reminds me of getting ready for another breakout 3 catch, 26 yard performance at Muhlenberg as we got ready to whoop up on Union College (sorry Chris Gross). Anyway, The New York Daily News or as we call them around here, TMZ has had a fun week of stirring the quarterback controversy pot and talking about Tebow shirtless. Fortunately, we have supplied you with all the necessary football coverage…emphasis on football you need here the past five days. The Mission To Civilize continues –
- Fact or False – Chris Gross
- Best Bets – Chris Celletti
- Fantasy Preview – Mike Donnelly
- Media vs. Sanchez – TJ Rosenthal
- Roundtable Jets/Fins – Staff
- Defensive Film Breakdown – Chris Gross
- Thoughts On Jets/Fins – Joe Caporoso
- Sabotage Sanchez – Joe Caporoso
- Stock Watch – Mike Donnelly
- Offensive Film Breakdown – Joe Caporoso
- Grade Report – Joe Caporoso
- Sanchez Breakdown – Rob Celletti
On to the predictions –
1. Ryan Tannehill will have at least two turnovers and struggle to push the ball down the field to his overmatched wide receivers against the Jets secondary. He won’t top 175 yards passing.
2. Stephen Hill will get back to being a factor, finishing with at least 55 yards receiving and his third touchdown of the season.
3. Reggie Bush will be the leading rusher in this game and keep Miami competitive for about three quarters, finishing with 80 yards rushing and another 35 receiving, along with a touchdown.
4. Brian Hartline will have less than 40 yards receiving.
5. Bilal Powell will have 10 carries and average more yards per carry than Shonn Greene, who will have another disappointing effort.
6. Tim Tebow will have 40 total offensive yards and his first touchdown of the season on a short run.
7. Mark Sanchez will complete 60% of his passes or higher, finish with over 200 yards passing and not have a turnover.
8. Cameron Wake will have at least one sack.
9. Joe McKnight will see his most extensive work of the season on offense and finish with 45 total offensive yards.
10. Aaron Maybin will have his first sack of the season.
11. The Jets won’t miss a beat without John Conner. Konrad Reuland will play at FB/H-Back and play well enough to begin taking most of his reps when he returns healthy.
12. The Jets will win 23-10 in a game that will remain tight into the early fourth quarter but will get put away by a lengthly touchdown drive from the Jets offense and a shutdown Jets defense.