For everybody in hysterics about the New York Jets being a 3-5 win team in 2012…looking at you Merril Hoge, Peter Schrager and Evan Silva, a simple reminder that their defense will be facing the following quarterbacks -
- Ryan Tannehill twice (0 career NFL snaps)
- Russell Wilson (0 career NFL snaps)
- Andrew Luck (0 career NFL snaps)
- Jake Locker (0 career NFL starts)
- Ryan Fitzpatrick twice (Mediocre, 0-4 career record against Rex Ryan as a starting QB)
- Blaine Gabbert (Struggled heavily last year, 4-10 record as a starter)
- Sam Bradford (Struggled heavily last year, Brian Schottenheimer is his offensive coordinator)
- John Skelton (Struggled heavily last year, very poor offensive line)
That accounts for ten of their games. Their other six come against Tom Brady (twice), Philip Rivers, Matt Schaub, Alex Smith and Ben Roethlisberger. Rex Ryan has beaten Brady 3 times over the past 3 years, including a playoff win. He is 2-0 against Rivers including a playoff win. He is 2-0 against Schaub. And Alex Smith is still Alex Smith.
The Jets defense is good enough to win them games, particularly with the above slate of quarterbacks on the 2012 schedule.