The Turn On The Jets 12 Pack is back with 12 more predictions for this week’s New York Jets action. A heads up that we are down to our last 25 TOJ Vintage T-Shirts and are running a special today to kick off the weekend – 25% off all shirts, get on it now while they are discounted and before they are gone!
2. Austin Howard is going to play better than Wayne Hunter did last week, but how could he not? The Jets will add another veteran before the season and it remains very up in the air who will start for the duration of the season.
3. Look for Shonn Greene to have 10+ carries for the second straight week. Hopefully the “Ground and Pound” can field a back who averages more than 3 yards per carry this week.
4. It will be interesting to see if the Jets do anything out of the ordinary to defend Cam Newton. Will we see more Demario Davis at linebacker to increase the speed of the unit?5. Keep an eye on Greg Olsen. Tight ends have always been an issue for Rex Ryan’s defense and Carolina goes to their tight ends a good amount. We don’t know if the Jets have really remedied the problem yet because all of their safeties have coverage issues.
6. Carolina can run the damn football. This will be a great test for the Jets front seven, in particular Kenrick Ellis who will start for Sione Pouha again. We will have a good indication that the Jets run defense is the real deal if they can slow down DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart and Mike Tolbert.
7. I wouldn’t be surprised if Greg McElroy didn’t get any snaps for the second straight week. It will be more curious to see if Terrance Ganaway can get any carries. He didn’t play last week and at least deserves a look at this point, no?
8. We know Tim Tebow can scramble. Let’s see him set his feet in the pocket and actually drive a few passes down the field this week.9. Jordan White is a big pre-season game away from knocking Chaz Schilens off this roster.
10. Garret McIntyre is another strong pre-season game away from knocking Ricky Sapp off this roster.
11. Both have been unimpressive overall so far but I think Joe McKnight takes the lead over Bilal Powell in the battle for the third down back Sunday night.
12. Jeremy Kerley is going to play and catch at least 3 passes. Santonio Holmes is going to play and catch at least 1 pass.