The Super Bowl is just about here. As expected, it hasn’t been the greatest two weeks to be a New York Jets fan with both the Patriots and Giants getting plenty of shots in on our team while they are down. It isn’t easy to root for the Giants and it isn’t easy to root for the Patriots. There is nothing wrong with rooting for neither but here are a few things for Jets fans to root for on Sunday –
1. A huge mistake from Steve Weatherford, who thinks he has parlayed one decent season into being a media celebrity who has the right to trash one of the league’s greatest special teams coaches. Hey Weatherford, you are a punter. I don’t care if you win a Super Bowl, you are a freakin’ punter. Westhoff’s impact on the game will still outweigh yours tenfold. Jets fans should be rooting for an untimely shank, a dropped snap, or a self-inspired fake on 4th and 18.
2. Antrel Rolle and Brandon Jacobs eating their Rex Ryan sized words after a poor performance and a loss this Sunday.
3. Tom Brady having an awful performance, continuing his streak of playoff mediocrity since 2007.
4. Most importantly, Curtis Martin getting into the Hall of Fame this Saturday night (I know it isn’t on Sunday but whatever).
5. No PepsiMax commercials featuring Rex Ryan or Mark Sanchez.
6. The most important thing to root for and maybe you disagree with this, but a blowout one way or the other. At least if there is a blowout, you have a little ammunition for the rival fanbase next year. At least let’s hope to avoid an epically, amazing game that one of the team wins on one of the luckiest plays imaginable.
Free agency and the draft, hurry up!