I stumbled across this video today and it provided a necessary reminder. Despite a media that would love to make you think the Jets went 2-14 this year, Rex Ryan is causing world hunger, Mark Sanchez is responsible for national debt, and Santonio Holmes is the most dangerous man in America. The New York Jets were 8-8 this year and actually did a few positive things at some points. This team isn’t starting from scratch this off-season. There is talent on both sides of the ball. This isn’t the Cleveland Browns, people.
Let’s go over a few things that occurred this year that were actually positive that will never get mentioned in the blackhole of never ending criticism of this team.– Mark Sanchez made immense improvements as a red-zone quarterback and this offense as a whole improved in the red-zone.
– Dustin Keller had the best season of his career.
– Aaron Maybin came from nowhere to demonstrate that he could be a huge weapon as a situational pass rusher
– Darrelle Revis is still Darrelle Revis.– David Harris is still David Harris.
– Nick Mangold is still Nick Mangold.
– Joe McKnight proved not to be a bust and show that he is a very good kick returner and has potential as a third down back.
– Muhammad Wilkerson had a promising rookie season.– Sione Pouha has developed into one of the better nose tackles in the NFL.
– Jeremy Kerley showed a ton of potential as a big play threat at wide receiver and on special teams.
– Kyle Wilson bounced back from a rough rookie season and put together a good year at nickel back.
…A few more days and this season is over, hang in there Jets fans.