I stumbled across this video today and it provided a necessary reminder. Despite a media that would love to make you think the Jets went 2-14 this year, Rex Ryan is causing world hunger, Mark Sanchez is responsible for national debt, and Santonio Holmes is the most dangerous man in America. The New York Jets were 8-8 this year and actually did a few positive things at some points. This team isn’t starting from scratch this off-season. There is talent on both sides of the ball. This isn’t the Cleveland Browns, people.
Let’s go over a few things that occurred this year that were actually positive that will never get mentioned in the blackhole of never ending criticism of this team.
- Mark Sanchez made immense improvements as a red-zone quarterback and this offense as a whole improved in the red-zone.
- Dustin Keller had the best season of his career.
- Aaron Maybin came from nowhere to demonstrate that he could be a huge weapon as a situational pass rusher
- Darrelle Revis is still Darrelle Revis.
- David Harris is still David Harris.
- Nick Mangold is still Nick Mangold.
- Joe McKnight proved not to be a bust and show that he is a very good kick returner and has potential as a third down back.
- Muhammad Wilkerson had a promising rookie season.
- Sione Pouha has developed into one of the better nose tackles in the NFL.
- Jeremy Kerley showed a ton of potential as a big play threat at wide receiver and on special teams.
- Kyle Wilson bounced back from a rough rookie season and put together a good year at nickel back.
…A few more days and this season is over, hang in there Jets fans.