It has been an interesting week of media coverage leading up to the New York Jets/Buffalo Bills week 9 match-up. Let’s take a look at what has been trending…
1. The Fallacy Of Santonio Holmes Unhappiness – Has everybody forgotten this rumor started with this BS article from Pro Football Talk? Read the article, there is no source…just a complete assumption that since Holmes didn’t have a big game against San Diego that he was unhappy. Everybody has ran with this story and questioned him on it, like this was an event that actually occurred. Take all PFT stories with a grain of salt considering their history and ongoing anti-Jets bias.
2. #BillsMafia – There is a group on Twitter that has risen out of Buffalo’s recent success talking tough to the Jets and their fans this week and preparing for a whiteout where they will be handing out pom-poms to all their fans…no really. When it comes to the Bills Mafia and there obvious jokes about feet and Rex Ryan, along with the Jets being from Jersey, we take them about as serious as everybody took Fredo in the Godfather.
3. Other Quick Hits
- Expect to see some Joe McKnight at receiver this week. He was working with them throughout the week.
- Keep an eye on TJ Conley, as Mike Westhoff was clear in his press conference that he is less than thrilled with him.
- Have you seen a major media outlet pick the Jets to win this week? I haven’t.