Pivotal game in the New York Jets season this Sunday
1. LaDainian Tomlinson will play his best game of the season to this point, finishing with over 140 yards of total offense and a touchdown, which will be his first home touchdown as a New York Jet. Shonn Greene will chip in 55 yards rushing and Joe McKnight will have 35 total yards of offense.2. Ryan Matthews will have a big day against the New York Jets defense, finishing with over 100 total yards and a pair of touchdowns.
3. Philip Rivers will throw for 270 yards but will also be sacked 3 times and throw at least one interception. Antonio Gates, who is going to play and Malcolm Floyd will be his top targets throughout the day.
4. Mark Sanchez will not have a turnover for the third straight week, and will throw a pair of touchdown passes. However, he will be sacked at least 3 times.
5. Joe McKnight will return a kick for over 50 yards, setting up a Jets touchdown.6. Santonio Holmes will score a touchdown for the third straight week. Plaxico Burress will play better, but still only finish with 45 yards receiving.
7. The Jets will at least get a first down in the first quarter…that isn’t expecting too much of this offense, is it?
8. This game will be a tie heading into the half and will be a one possession game heading into the final few minutes.
9. Antonio Cromartie will give up a few big plays down the field, attempting to be too aggressive. However, he will come up with at least one huge play for the Jets defense.10. Aaron Maybin will come up with another big play for the Jets defense, as his role continues to grow.
11. Nick Folk will miss his first field goal of the year.
12. As I said earlier, this will come down to the final minutes and I think tapping into a little of last year’s late game magic, the Jets will pull one out a 27-24.