Nothing is better than the cold weather and a 12 pack along with it. It feels like football outside today, which is a beautiful thing.
1. Joe McKnight will receive at least three touches on offense, as the Jets reward him for his game changing special teams play last week. What he does with those plays will determine how much of a role he starts to have moving forward. Also look for John Conner to play more reps this week and a catch a pass out in the flat. His hands are an underrated part of his game.
2. After this game, still nobody will know who the hell Jason Hill is.
3. Luke McCown is going to have a rough time against the Jets defense. He will throw for less than 175 yards, be sacked at least 2 times, and have at least one turnover.
4. Maurice Jones-Drew will have a solid day at the office but won’t rip off the big run that will kill the Jets. He will finish with 22 carries for 95 yards and a touchdown.
5. Mark Sanchez won’t turn the football over this week and will throw somewhere between 25 and 30 passes.
6. Santonio Holmes and Eric Smith are both questionable to play this Sunday. Both will suit up but will have a more limited role than usual. Look for more action from both Derrick Mason and Jeremy Kerley on offense and for more Brodney Pool on defense than last week.
7. Plaxico Burress will have another big game, finishing with over 70 yards receiving and another touchdown. He will also be more involved in the first half.
8. For the first time in just about forever, the Jets will score a first quarter touchdown.
9. Antonio Cromartie will have a much better performance than last week, recording an interception and ripping off a big kick return.
10. Shonn Greene will rush for less than 80 yards but will have an improved yards per carry from last week. LaDainian Tomlinson will have at least 4 receptions.
11. Calvin Pace will record a sack for the second straight week.
12. The New York Jets won’t pull away in this one until the fourth quarter but will ultimately win 24-13. Hello 2-0.