Yes, it is finally that time of the year…back to the 12 pack. Here are 12 predictions for the Jets week one match-up versus the Dallas Cowboys –
1. Mark Sanchez is going to put together a strong overall performance, taking advantage of a weak Dallas secondary. He will learn his lesson from last year’s opener and play looser, along with being more aggressive. Sanchez will finish with over 225 yards of passing and a pair of touchdowns.
2. Dez Bryant is going to make a big play on Antonio Cromartie when he is matched up on him in single coverage.
3. Jason Witten will have a big day and lead the Cowboys in receptions, along with having at least 70 yards receiving.
4. Due to a more pass happy game plan, Shonn Greene will only receive 15-17 carries and finish with somewhere between 65-80 rushing yards, along with a touchdown.
5. Both Calvin Pace and Jamaal Westerman will get on the board with a sack Sunday night. In total the Jets defense will sack Tony Romo at least 4 times and force him into 1 or 2 turnovers.
6. Jeremy Kerley will take at least two snaps out of the Wildcat formation, with Joe McKnight lined up alongside of him.
7. Unless Antonio Cromartie goes deep on a kick return, the Jets won’t start one of their drives that begins with a kick return past the 20 yard line.
8. Santonio Holmes is going to have a big night, leading the Jets in receptions and receiving yards, along with getting in the end-zone.
9. Plaxico Burress will also score a touchdown in his Jets regular season debut but will finish with less than 40 receiving yards total.
10. Nick Folk is going to miss at least one field goal under 40 yards.
11. Felix Jones will hurt the Jets out of the backfield as a pass receiver, breaking off a big play or two on screen passes.
12. The Jets are going to win this one fairly comfortably, 31-16. Dallas is going to be overmatched in the secondary and on the offensive line. There is going to be too much energy in the building for the Jets to blow this home opener to an inferior team.