A few final thoughts on Jets/Jaguars…
Game MVP – It has to be Antonio Cromartie, who bounced back from being last week’s Goat in this article. Cromartie came up with 2 interceptions and 2 big kick returns, demonstrating his big play potential.Game Goat – I will go with Wayne Hunter, who has given Jets fans no reason to believe the right tackle position is in good hands moving forward without Damien Woody.
Play of the Game – The first quarter touchdown strike from Mark Sanchez to Santonio Holmes, ending the team’s first quarter touchdown drought, showing Sanchez’s accuracy and that Holmes was healthy.
- Dustin Keller – Back to back big games, as he finished with 101 yards and another touchdown.
- Muhammad Wilkerson – First career NFL sack went for a safety.
- Bart Scott – Second straight week with a sack. Scott looks poised for a big year.
- Nick Folk – 3/3 on field goal attempts.
- Nick Mangold – Will likely be out 3-4 games with a high ankle sprain.
- Wayne Hunter – Badly in need of a steady performance against Oakland.
- Derrick Mason – Still hasn’t found his niche in the offense.
- Mark Sanchez – Two ugly interceptions. He must protect the football better.
2. Colin Baxter should be living at the Jets facility the next month. After Oakland, he has Haloti Ngata and Vince Wilfork headed his way. Brandon Moore and Matt Slauson need to step up to help him out.
3. Regardless of double teams and his mature attitude on the situation. The Jets must do a better job of getting Plaxico Burress involved in the offense, in the first half. Throw the guy a quick hitch or slant and let him get in the flow of the game.