We don’t break out the full 12 pack for the pre-season, so are here 6 predictions for tonight’s game –
1. Bilal Powell is going to have a better all-around performance than Joe McKnight tonight, making the battle for the number three running back spot that much more interesting. The two of them have very different running styles, so they both could remain contributors moving forward, although it could be hard to justify keeping four halfbacks active on a weekly basis.
2. Mark Sanchez is going to push the ball down the field more. I expect to see him take a shot down the field to Santonio Holmes and look for Dustin Keller much more frequently. Also, look for a very early, safe pass to Plaxico Buress to get him involved right from the beginning.
3. Speaking of Plax, if the Jets get in the red-zone with him on the field, look for the fade or slant ball coming his way. Brian Schottenheimer and Tom Moore aren’t going to hesitate to see their new 6’5 receiver in action where it counts the most.
4. Considering the state of the Bengals offense, I am expecting multiple sacks and a turnover generated by the Jets first defense. I think Muhammad Wilkerson will be a little more comfortable and active tonight than he was against the Texans.
5. This could be the boldest prediction of all: Vladimir Ducasse won’t allow a sack tonight…maybe he will allow a few pressures and miss an assignment or two, but in the end Mark Sanchez won’t hit the ground with the ball in his hand because of him.
6. Overall, I think the starters will be a lot more crisp tonight and should beat up on the Bengals, who are a team clearly in transition.