It must be have really bothered New England to have their season end in a shower of flight boy celebrations all over their field…
The Patriots made their second bold move of the day by trading for Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocino, which provides them a much needed deep threat on the outside. I would be stressing over this move more substantially if Darrelle Revis hadn’t completely owned Ochocino in all of their meetings the past few years. Is the combination of Tom Brady and Ochocino potentially very scary? Of course. Yet, I can tell you it isn’t as scary as Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne, who Revis held to 1 catch for 1 yard in the playoffs last year.
Regardless, the Patriots are clearly loading up in anticipation of the Jets having another strong off-season and potentially luring Nnamdi Asomugha to join Revis. It is interesting how much criticism the Jets receive for taking risks on veteran players with baggage but when the Patriots do it, it is a “savvy” move.
- ILB Matthias Berning (Central Michigan/Duisburg, Germany/6-0/236)
- C Taylor Boggs (Humboldt State/Upland, CA/6-3/285)
- S Byron Landor (Baylor/Lake Charles, LA/6-0/210)
- S Davon Morgan (Virginia Tech/Richmond, VA/6-0/189)
- C Zane Taylor (Utah/Moab, UT/6-2/309)
- OL Jeff Wills (Minnesota/Laurelton, NY/6-7/350)