1. Do any of you Knicks fans out there disagree about Fredette? Forgot about the big name, it is time to realize the Knicks can’t outscore everybody on their way to a NBA title. The reason Miami is probably going to win it all this year is because of how they have dedicated themselves to playing elite level, high energy defense these past few months. It is time for the Knicks to surround their two stars with the proper role players, who can rebound and defend…and then of course hope for Dwight Howard or Chris Paul in 2012.
2. Dallas had a great opportunity last night to steal game one and they let it get away. There were too many missed open shots by Dirk’s supporting cast, most notably Jason Terry. Now Dirk will be dealing with a torn tendon in his finger, which is only going to make the uphill climb Dallas has now that much harder. The role players need to do more for the Mavericks, especially when it comes to rebounding and hitting open threes or this will be a short series.
3. Amazing how out of it Dwyane Wade could look in the first half and then completely hit the switch in the fourth quarter. This is LeBron’s show now but Wade was the key player down the stretch last night, with his block of Shawn Marion followed by a back breaking three.
4. I can’t help but think Udonis Haslem is in Dirk’s head…at least just a little bit.
5. How in the hell is Juwan Howard playing fourth quarter minutes in a NBA Finals game?